All Around Secruit Package

pie

what is a good security package to get? have sym corp v10 from college, but the old folks still manage to get spyware like xp antivirus 2009. my cousin uses kaspersky internet security and mentioned that it's good. i checked newegg and they have internet security 7 and 2009 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....amp;x=0&y=0 but ithe 2009 version is cheaper on fry with MIR http://shop1.frys.com/product/5699731?site...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG would you guys recommend the 2009 edition? or some other anti virus/firewall package? thanks for the help!

as i tell anybody that will listen, don't pay money for anitvirus/antispyware, there are loads of great products that are usually the same as, or better than the products you buy free for download.

Antivirus:

AVG - i've used it for quite a while and it's great.

Avira Antivir - Started using this a month or so back, supposed to be even better than AVG.

Avast - never personally used it, but it is recommended by many people i know.

Anti-Spyware:

Spybot Search and Destroy - Great for getting rid of Spyware. i've used it ever since i had a computer of my own.

so, please, don't spend money on products that are readily available for free...

plus what RADEON said, use your head, don't click on something unless you know where it goes, don't download anything from shoddy websites, and if you torrent, for the sake of your computer, scan it before you open it.

it's not for me. it's for a relative. this is the 3rd time i had to go to their house and waste a few hours trying to clean their computer. i once installed avg in their computer, they uninstalled for symantec norton antivirus corporate edition (the version you get free from college that lacks all the bells and whistles of the retail version). i told them to use firefox, but they don't. one of them uses limewire to download foreign music. i told them they should buy one, they told me to pick out a good one for them, so thats where i am right now.

refer them to this page so they dont have to spend the money...like they said its a waste when the stuff is free and works just as well if not better in most cases

after getting advice from people on here and from my friends,i removed norton 360 after it slowed down my system massively,and i installed AVG antivirus

COMODO firewall pro and Spybot Search and destroy,and they all run brilliantly,and best of all they are all free and perform just as good and in some cases even better than programmes you would spend money on,go with the free software buddy,you know it makes sense

I run Bitdefender 2009 and it is great. I don't mind paying for it if it is worth it.

Download a trial of Kaspersky and see if you like it and how it runs on your pc. You get 30 days to evaluate it with full features.

This package won't be for me. It's for a relative. He is very computer illiterate and always managed to get adware and viruses. I previously installed Ad-aware and other free programs and told him to run it once a while, but he never does. And he can't tell when the pop up he gets is a fake.