Temperature Problem With E8400 Non Overclocked

D@3HaM1nGuK

hi all i have a intel e8400 cpu and it keeps on going over 60degrees in just less then 30seconds at 100% load on the cpu. this was with the stock intel cpu cooler. so then i got a zalman 9700LED after market cpu cooler and installed it the problem also persisted so im not sure if it was my cpu or what.. at idle on the after market cpu cooler the temperature is about 30degrees or less.....

i tested this with everest ultimate edition version 4.6 with the cpu stresser tool....

how do i know that its 60degrees or more?? i set my bios to beep when the temperature is at 60degrees or more

my cpu fan is at full speed 2500rpm and my case is always closed to keep the circulation.... the thermal paste that was used was the one that came with the zalman cooler...

if you have any other questions please ask.... and i need urgent help...

i hope my computer spec appears below this ^_^

THANKS!!!

p.s

well everest ultimate edition also has the core temperature monitoring but i dont really trust it aswell... thought when the computer starts to beep the cpu temperature monitor does read 60 degrees aswell.... highest i have seen is 62 degrees and it usually stays around the 60 to 62 degree range

Edited by D@3HaM1nGuK

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all i have a intel e8400 cpu and it keeps on going over 60degrees in just less then 30seconds at 100% load on the cpu. this was with the stock intel cpu cooler. so then i got a zalman 9700LED after market cpu cooler and installed it the problem also persisted so im not sure if it was my cpu or what.. at idle on the after market cpu cooler the temperature is about 30degrees or less.....

i tested this with everest ultimate edition version 4.6 with the cpu stresser tool....

how do i know that its 60degrees or more?? i set my bios to beep when the temperature is at 60degrees or more

my cpu fan is at full speed 2500rpm and my case is always closed to keep the circulation.... the thermal paste that was used was the one that came with the zalman cooler...

if you have any other questions please ask.... and i need urgent help...

i hope my computer spec appears below this ^_^

THANKS!!!

You need to get real temp, and see what it says your temps are on the cores, then come back and let us know.

well everest ultimate edition also has the core temperature monitoring but i dont really trust it aswell... thought when the computer starts to beep the cpu temperature monitor does read 60 degrees aswell.... highest i have seen is 62 degrees and it usually stays around the 60 to 62 degree range

Download something to read your temps.

Also sometimes the motherboards will beep when the NB gets hot.

The Paste that comes with the cooler isn't the best i'd switch to arctic silver but thats just my opinion and its probably not important.

Download something to read your temps.

Also sometimes the motherboards will beep when the NB gets hot.

The Paste that comes with the cooler isn't the best i'd switch to arctic silver but thats just my opinion and its probably not important.

well i dont think it really matters on the heat paste.. but about the NB getting hot and the pc beeps coz of that would not be the problem coz on everest ultimate edition reads the cpu temp. only...... any other suggestions? coz im really pissed about it and is at the brim of sending it back to intel....

Have you tried to reseat the cpu cooler?

Also have you looked and IHS on the CPU.

Look to see if it for the most part flat.

The IHS normally has a slight bump where the die is in the center of the chip.

Lapping may help but would void any warranty.

Have you tried to reseat the cpu cooler?

Also have you looked and IHS on the CPU.

Look to see if it for the most part flat.

The IHS normally has a slight bump where the die is in the center of the chip.

Lapping may help but would void any warranty.

well i dont think its how the cpu cooler is seated coz i did change the cooler from a stock cooler to a after market one and yet there was only a difference at idle and maybe at 100% load but the cpu is still going over that 60 degree mark... and i dont think i will lap my cpu... i rather send it into intel first.. and if the problem persist then ill just live with it but rightn now i wanna know how u guys can help me....

Ok, You Must go and download real temp. It is the only prgram that accurately reads dual core temps. Like everyone else is saying, TRY reseating your IHS and I agree with taco on the Arctic Silver. If you ask for help, don't shoot it down. At least give it a try first.

ahhhh so there is a program called real temp.... sorry i thought he meant get the REAL TEMP..... sorry i will report back^^

sorry for shooting u guys down but i didnt get artic silver coz it cost money and im trying to save money and i dont wanna lap my lhs coz it viods the warranty... sorry i still appriciated the suggestion though...

wait i didnt say i wasnt going to do anything......... im looking for artic silver5 on ebay now..... how many mg do u recommend?? 3.5 5 or 12??

oh and i got real temp aswell just then.. right now.. its at 51 degrees... with a load of 10% -_-..... both cores are at the same temperature aswell...

Edited by D@3HaM1nGuK

ahhhh so there is a program called real temp.... sorry i thought he meant get the REAL TEMP..... sorry i will report back^^

sorry for shooting u guys down but i didnt get artic silver coz it cost money and im trying to save money and i dont wanna lap my lhs coz it viods the warranty... sorry i still appriciated the suggestion though...

Even with artic silver and laping your cpu you would not see a max of 5c drop, is your processor 60c when it is at 100% load or is it idleing that high, you should check your heatsink and make sure the bottum of it is not cuped, you should try reseating your heat sink also. Make sure it is setting flat on the cpu, how much termal paste are you useing on your heatsink. how did you apply it. how are you loading your processor, what program are you using.