Help Needed For Best Heatsink!!

carnage

Hey there everyone..I just upgraded my computer. I need a heatsink that could fit in my xfx 780 mobo. I'm using xfx 780 mobo and a pair of Cosair Dominator drrII. These Dominator are huge and I need a heatsink that would fit in the cpu without causing damage or blocking my Dominator. Please suggest the best heatsink that fit easily into my cpu intel socket..

my spec:

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66Gz

- XFX 780 Mobo

- Cosair Dominator 4G (2X2048G)

- XFX 280 gtx

- Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black

- Cosair HX 1000wt

The Xigmatek HDT-S1283 is a great cooler, its not too wide so you dont need to worry about it bumping into your ram, but what you should consider is the fan, my Ultra Kaze is fairly think and is a pea size away from touching my ram. But it's not like it can grow so I'm safe ;)

Edited by damian

How about the Zalman CNPS 9700 NT.. What do u think about it?.. It look very nice with a Nvidia logo stamp on it. And the fan led is green exactly the same led in my Smilodon Extreme Black.. Do u think it will fit nicely in the cpu socket?.. One more thing, does the Dominator Air Flow kit worth buying cause I'm thinking of giving some extra cooling to the dominator.. Will the Air Flow Kit fit in cause I'm using a XFX 280GTX.

Please help..

for Zalman link: http://www.zalman.co.kr/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=165

I have a TRUE Black and i absolutely love it. My temps never go over 65C and i mean NEVER. They hit 65C for a split second they only peak at 63C for about a solid 2-3 seconds then back down to 58-60C. (Thats with intel burn in test too). Idles around 35-40C depending on ambient temp. It is a massive heatsink tho so make sure you can fit it. It fits fine on my EVGA 780i so it should fit yours also. However if you out an ultra kaze on it, it probably wont clear the first DIMM slot with those dominators. but a 120x120x25 should fit perfectly. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions since i have a pretty similar setup to yours.