Motherboard/processor Dead?

Well, I recently had the opportunity to upgrade my computer... I decided to take the chance and bought some parts and went for it!

I took my old computer apart as I was planning on using the same case and moving the parts to a different case to give as a gift to my sister(she is still using a P3..)

Anyways, long story short, I ended up dropping the processor and bending about 12 pins on it.. I spent the next hour carefully bending the pins back into the correct position and it sunk down into the 939 socket on the motherboard. Got everything plugged up and hit the power button... and, it all worked!

So, I went to installing XP, drivers, updates and SP3. After the SP3 install, I restarted and installed an antivirus program on it for her. I shut the PC down and took it to her place to plug it up. Got it plugged up and hit the power button.. no video output at all. Fans spin up but no video output. I tried to reseat the video card and RAM and still get nothing. It gives no system beeps or anything :(

So, am I to conclude that the processor has managed to short out itself/the motherboard? Or does anyone else have any ideas?

Check that you have the monitor on the right setting (Digital, Analog), sometimes it resets after unplugging. I had the stupidest time with that mistake.

Edited by Krow

If the fans are spinning and there's no error codes i would assume your video card is dead.

Just popped in an old FX5200 I had lying around(known good card) and I still get no picture :(

Check that you have the monitor on the right setting (Digital, Analog), sometimes it resets after unplugging. I had the stupidest time with that mistake.

The monitor only has Analog input - However, I also tried it with a second monitor and still nothing

Any other suggestions?