Bmw Gina

airman

A quick search didn't return anything, so I figure I'd bring this to the OCC.

I've known about this for a while, but had forgotten about it. The mom actually mentioned something about it and reminded me of it.

My favorite part is/are the headlights.

Check it out:

Article: (lots of pictures)

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/06/bmw-builds-a-ca.html

Edited by airman

Yep, the headlights were my favorite part too.

While it looks nice and is an interesting concept, it isn't very practical. Could you imagine would happen if you just got into a fender bender or if somebody side swiped this car? It would take the pretty little skin right off.

Yep, the headlights were my favorite part too.

While it looks nice and is an interesting concept, it isn't very practical. Could you imagine would happen if you just got into a fender bender or if somebody side swiped this car? It would take the pretty little skin right off.

the skin would probably ok, but the problem would lie in the frame beneath it. even if the skin tears, that's what insurance is for =) it's just polyurethane-coated spandex, which i can't imagine to be TOO terribly expensive to replace.

Yah I had same exact thoughts when i saw cloth exterior ...whoa, piss off the wrong girl and your car is getting TORN UP! ...litterally. Then I saw this in the article:

The car -- which actually runs and drives -- is a styling design headed straight for the BMW Museum in Munich and so it will never see production, but building a practical car wasn't the point.

But tell me the honies won't come flocking up your tree with that ride.

/echo/ on the headlights /echo/

The whole thing makes the car look like its alive. The headlights have eyelids.... This concept seems pretty cool to me. Makes you wonder if they are going to produce models of new cars based on some of what they put into this concept car.