Q6600 Really Need Help

Benvidia

I put a thread up the other day but only got 1 reply so here it goes again.

My Q6600 is overclocked to 3.6ghz on 1.425 vcore showing as 1.42 under load.

the idle temps at the moment are 32/31/28/28 with a CPU temp of 128 C in HWmonitor.

is my CPU temp diode playing up as because its working fine and stuff and the cores are cold but the CPU diode is showing 128 C.

This is on a 780i from XFX with a 9700NT cooler.

Benvidia

+ speedfan is showing -128, everest wont give a reading and bios is all over the place, normally agrees with speedfan when at stupid numbers but HWmonitor normally is spot on.

Edited by Benvidia

That's fine then - what are your load temps with Coretemp?

50/49/46/46 after 30 mins

maximum ever was 65/65/61/62 but it never stayed that high it always dropped off 2 or 3 C

Testing again now

Edited by Benvidia

Those temps are fine, I try to keep my Q6600 below 60C for longevity, if you are running around the 50C mark at 3.6 on air thats very good. If you do start to creep over 60C, I would be inclined to back the overclock off - the real-world gain you will be seeing between 3.2 to 3.6 is small, but the long term stress on the CPU is significantly increased.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLACR#

Those temps are fine, I try to keep my Q6600 below 60C for longevity, if you are running around the 50C mark at 3.6 on air thats pretty good.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLACR#

ok just done 5 mins of prime 95 on 4 cores and results are,

48/48/45/45

cpu is at 117 C

wierd? i think the diodes had it

Benvidia

What cooling are you using? 1.425v is fairly high, i'd expect more than 48 under 100% load.....

Im using a 9700NT, that was only after 5 mins of prime 95 on all 4 cores just to see what is going on with the temps.

I dont think 1.425 is that high for 3.6ghz, after 3 and abit hours the temps have hit 65 on the hottest core but they sit around 60 to 62, thats not that hot compared to the 100 they can do, well into the safety zone in my opinion