• Barack Obama
    • John McCain

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like those are some really stupid attorneys if they keep filing in the wrong courts. The first one was filed in August with no results, I highly doubt the second one is going to yield anything either.

Agreed!

Look guys, claiming Senator Obama isn't a legal US resident is complete and utter BS.

He was born an American Citizen on US soil. Period! DONE!

:withstupid:

There many valid reasons not to like the man, it just makes you look silly and desperate when you bring up knucklehead stuff like this. Plus, it really debases your credibility if you think it's a serious issue.

Agreed!

Look guys, claiming Senator Obama isn't a legal US resident is complete and utter BS.

He was born an American Citizen on US soil. Period! DONE!

Even if that's true there is still the case that he isn't a citizen currently. Did his mother really remarry and take him to Indonesia denouncing their American citizenship?

From what I read in that link posted, the lawyer is claiming that he got his citizenship back at 18. If that were the case, then he still qualifies under Article II of the Constitution.

Looks like those are some really stupid attorneys if they keep filing in the wrong courts.
Who filed in the "wrong courts"? The second suit is by another person in another state.

The first one was filed in August with no results, I highly doubt the second one is going to yield anything either.
Suits take time. With usually 20 to 30 days being allowed for responses from each party in the early stages. Since Obama and the DNC appear to have ignored the first suit, they have essentially admitted that the claims of the case are true. A non-response by the defendant results in a default judgement in favor of the plaintiff. But I'm sure you know that. I honestly can't think of a reason why they would ignore the suit unless they have no defense against it. Whether any of the allegations are true or not, the way Obama and the DNC have handled it is very...odd.

Actually, before anything is done, the court must first determine whether the court has jurisdiction over the suit filed. The first suit was dismissed for lack of jurisdiction, so it was clearly filed in the wrong court. Since the second one was filed in Seattle, it's highly likely that it too was filed in the wrong court. If they want to get access to the birth certificate, why are they not filing in Hawaii? Either the attorneys are complete morons who were asleep in their first year at law school or this is simply nothing more than a stunt.

I looked into it a little bit deeper and it looks like Obama and the DNC did respond to the Berg complaint. They also filed a motion to dismiss for the court's lack of subject matter jurisdiction and the court granted the motion. The case is essentially dead.

the suit in Seattle is not even against him...

it is against the secretary of state.

the suit seeks him to certify the candidtaes on the ballot which is his job by law...

somebody was thinking when they filed that one.

it should be quite easy to provide a valid birth certificate.

you cannot even get a drivers liscence in the US without one.

something is quite odd about the lack of immediate response.