Crossfire Overclocking???

reho1990

if iam using crossfire do i have to overclock both gpu's or can i overclock one and leave the other???

the reason i ask is i would like to get a few hd 4850s and put3 off them with new coolers wich will take 2 slots and leave 1 with its stock cooler as i need the pci slot for my sound card

Edited by reho1990

if iam using crossfire do i have to overclock both gpu's or can i overclock one and leave the other???

the reason i ask is i would like to get a few hd 4850s and put3 off them with new coolers wich will take 2 slots and leave 1 with its stock cooler as i need the pci slot for my sound card

anybody plzzzz

See the other thread about using that many cards...

If you really want four...get two 4870x2's. PERIOD.

As a side note...are you buying now or is this Christmas money arriving at Christmas?

If it's the latter, stop what you're doing and WAIT. Technology changes far too quickly for you to do a tentative build months in advance...

EDIT: Ok, lemme put it this way. You're already thinking about space problems, and you expect this to be any less headache when you build?

See the other thread about using that many cards...

If you really want four...get two 4870x2's. PERIOD.

As a side note...are you buying now or is this Christmas money arriving at Christmas?

If it's the latter, stop what you're doing and WAIT. Technology changes far too quickly for you to do a tentative build months in advance...

EDIT: Ok, lemme put it this way. You're already thinking about space problems, and you expect this to be any less headache when you build?

'

hey yea might go with 4870 x2 not sure it will be for xmas it all ready giving me a headache dont know wat to do now :unsure:

'

hey yea might go with 4870 x2 not sure it will be for xmas it all ready giving me a headache dont know wat to do now :unsure:

Wait...that's what I'd do. There is no way to predict what prices will be like then, as well a what is the best option for your money.

keep in mind they will have the 4850x2's out soon also!

...and at 400 bucks that card will have amazing price:performance.

Like stated though, it is way too early to start planning a christmas build.