Overclocking Process

Nagash

I had my 2500+ set at 200 X 11 and I found it to be unstable in Prime95. I have since put it back to stock settings. I am going to try and burn it in on every step (every increase of 2 in the fsb or so). Should I let Prime95 burn it for the full 24 hours every time I increase the FSB by 2? Also since I already had it set higher before without burning it in, will burning it in now help it become more stable later?

That would be a very good guess indeed. I am using Mushkin Level II PC 3500 BH5 ram. What would be some good timings for a stable OC?

Loosen the timings as high as possible... then start upping the fsb slowly and run prime... find a stable o/c and then start tightening the timings....

I would just run prime 24hrs after you find a stable o/c , not every 2......

ya know, you dont really NEED your system to be 24 hour prime stable, certainly doesnt hurt though

Well when it was OC'd it wasn't 24 second prime stable. Also how long should I run prime when I am checking every 2-3 fsb?

i've seen some people that have burned in for as much as 72 hours. at the computer place i work for we burn in all our computers for 72 hours, so make sure its stable. one time a guy asked us to burn it in for 100 hours, overclocked 15%. but...we denied. because it voids warrenty. think if we voided the warrenty before it ever left the store. hahah.