Catalyst 8.7 Issues..any Alternatives?

watsonte

That's true....

Guess I will have to check it out.

If you try the 8.8s let us know how it goes. Supposedly there is an improvement in crossfire. I would try them but my setup is flawless right now.

Hey Wetsonte nice o see you again :D I just upgraded to them drivers last week and I'm having problems too with them seams the drivers stopped all use of my web cam and can only get the cam back if i remove the new drivers. Somthing to do with the WD? install

Guest KrankyOldLady

I have had issues with the ccc on the 3850 from wow 2.4 onwards and have tried just about anything. Rolling back to previous drivers, ditching the ccc altogether.

Kept getting a vpu-recovery error.

Tried windows 32 bit, ofc fully updated, vista 32 bit fully updated, Omega drivers, but that wasnt for me since i wanted the controll panel working.

Finnaly i found something that for me is actually working, xp 64 bit.

Do not ask me why, but i never had the problem again.

So i learned two things here: i dont go for ati anymore an for now im on a 64 bit system, gonne try the vista 64 bit to see how that will go.

I thought i share this, might help you.

Hey Wetsonte nice o see you again :D I just upgraded to them drivers last week and I'm having problems too with them seams the drivers stopped all use of my web cam and can only get the cam back if i remove the new drivers. Somthing to do with the WD? install

Good seeing you as well, I finally got back into PC gaming took a year or so break, but of course gaming on a home built rig wouldn't be the same without the constant troubleshooting of random issues.

Either way, for everyone else that has responded thanks, I am unaware as to what might be causing the issue aside from poorly written drivers. I checked 5v and 12v rails all checked out 4.97v and 11.96v.

I did get a can of dust off and clean things up a bit, although my PC was relatively dust free, played WoW for 6hrs yesterday and no issue.

Seeing how its so hit and miss I see no reason to trouble shoot hardware at this point. I will use the 8.8 Beta drivers if the issue shows its ugly head again, but until then I think I am going to sit tight.

The "8.8" betas are just version tweaked 8.7s, and are not the real deal. Same release date stamp and everything, and only vary in size by 10k.

I would uninstall all ati software through control panel, run driver cleaner, restart, then reinstall the official 8.7s. Overlapping display driver installs often causes problems.