Should I Upgrade??

hello everyone,

i have a case question. I have a Nvidia stacker 830 and i am debating whether i should upgrade this to a CM cosmos S or keep it. because i hear that people say the Cosmos S has better air flow than Nvidia stacker. Heres the question currently i have 7 fans in my stackers and if i place 7 fans in Cosmos S how much difference is Temp??( considering the cable mangement is neat, room temp is cool). thanks zimmerman

No need to upgrade unless you just want to splurge on a new case, in which case I wouldn't blame you because I want a Cosmo myself, especially now that it comes in black. :blink:

Other than though, the Cosmo S has it's PSU bay on the bottom of the case which will make wire management a pain in the arse which could result in possible impedance of airfow, unless you have a modular PSU.

Other than though, the Cosmo S has it's PSU bay on the bottom of the case which will make wire management a pain in the arse which could result in possible impedance of airfow, unless you have a modular PSU.

Cable management on the Cosmos I think is actually very good. With all the slots available, you tuck the wires away around the back of the MOBO and just thread them through to where you want them. It is a little fiddly and you need to take care at the rear, as the side panel won't fit if they are bunched. But with some careful routing, you can hide all the cabling out the way :) Some have also drilled a few more holes, to make it even tidier. If you have a modular PSU, even better.

I really like the case and my only criticism of the Cosmos would be the size and weight (it's big) and there needs to be more stock cooling around the HDD bays, as air flow here is poor - I will MOD this one day. But, with the PSU at the bottom of the case and 3 fans at the top near the CPU, you can achieve very good cooling without a lot of noise. I changed the stock fans for NEXUS ones and my case with the Corsair PSU is silent.

Just my thoughts..................

hello everyone,

i have a case question. I have a Nvidia stacker 830 and i am debating whether i should upgrade this to a CM cosmos S or keep it. because i hear that people say the Cosmos S has better air flow than Nvidia stacker. Heres the question currently i have 7 fans in my stackers and if i place 7 fans in Cosmos S how much difference is Temp??( considering the cable mangement is neat, room temp is cool). thanks zimmerman

Are you kidding? These stacker 830 cases are the cats meow! With 4 120mm fans blowing directly on all your components, and well thought out exaust rear, top and front to cool hard drve(s), a removable motherboard tray, the thing is gigantic, mesh all around, even the top and bottom, wheels, easy access doors for compulsive modders...lol, what more could you want? Unless you're just looking for a change, this has got to be the best case i ever had or have seen! As far as air flow, how can you improve on this? And it also has cable troughs to keep it tidy.

(Hint)...you can remove the metal mesh hard drive cover where the front fan is for better air flow across the hd drive(s).

The only flaw is they don't send you but one fan filter. Some flimsy piece of black pastic. I emailed them twice requesting 3 more, and they said ok, but i never got them. I took some anti-static pieces of cloth that you put in the dryer, washed all the smell-good stuff off, and use them as fan filters, and i clean those off often with canned air to keep airflow unrestricted, otherwise the thing is a dust magnet. Using a horsehair brush or something similar to clean electronics to sweep the dust build-up once an a great while doesn't hurt either. Otherwise it can build up and turn to grime, which makes heat build-up worse.

Edited by jaz

Are you kidding? These stacker 830 cases are the cats meow! With 4 120mm fans blowing directly on all your components, and well thought out exaust rear, top and front to cool hard drve(s), a removable motherboard tray, the thing is gigantic, mesh all around, even the top and bottom, wheels, easy access doors for compulsive modders...lol, what more could you want? Unless you're just looking for a change, this has got to be the best case i ever had or have seen! As far as air flow, how can you improve on this? And it also has cable troughs to keep it tidy.

(Hint)...you can remove the metal mesh hard drive cover where the front fan is for better air flow across the hd drive(s).

The only flaw is they don't send you but one fan filter. Some flimsy piece of black pastic. I emailed them twice requesting 3 more, and they said ok, but i never got them. I took some anti-static pieces of cloth that you put in the dryer, washed all the smell-good stuff off, and use them as fan filters, and i clean those off often with canned air to keep airflow unrestricted, otherwise the thing is a dust magnet. Using a horsehair brush or something similar to clean electronics to sweep the dust build-up once an a great while doesn't hurt either. Otherwise it can build up and turn to grime, which makes heat build-up worse.

Agreed. Other than my Tt Shark, the CM Stacker 830 is the sexiest case I have ever owned, tons of real estate that you can't possibly use, unless you just toss stuff in haphazardly. Tremendous amount of airflow, the mobo tray can be used on either side of the case, and it comes with wheels just in case you decide to take it for a walk, not to mention the blasted thing can be outfitted with enough fans to blackout an entire city block. :rolleyes: