Fan controller

Which ones do you guys/gals use? I want to put one in my Antec 900 when it arrives and have no clue as to which ones are worth having. Seems almost all of the ones I like have some sort of drawback. Everything from humming noises to fans not being able to run at 100% even when set to do so. Needs to be able to control four fans and preferably fit in a 5.25 bay, I don't like the looks of the 3 1/2 inch ones...

5-1/4"Sunbeam Rheobus, as suggested by A_G and some others. I also used a vantec nexus 3-1/2" controller, both work wery well. If you get the right vantec, the voltage doesn't jump as some say it does, and it won't make noise.

you'd probably want to hack the LEDs off the sunbeam though, they're pretty bright.

I still use a Vantec Nexus (actually PCToys housebrand that IS the Vantec Nexus). It has worked well through several PC builds and upgrades and has been doing just fine for going on about three years now.

Hard to catch them in stock at PCToys though. But if you do they can usually be had for around $13 plus shipping.

Currently using the Sunbeam 4 channel to power all eight of my fans and I'm sure it could handle more. Their rated for 20 watts per channel with a 0V - 12V output. These are great controllers! The LEDs are bright and I've pulled them out of all my controllers, very easy to do.

They have a 6 channel but I've yet to need or purchase one. It looks like it could have a few more fans......30 watts per channel :eek2: but only a 4V - 12V output :(

I still use a Vantec Nexus (actually PCToys housebrand that IS the Vantec Nexus). It has worked well through several PC builds and upgrades and has been doing just fine for going on about three years now.

Hard to catch them in stock at PCToys though. But if you do they can usually be had for around $13 plus shipping.

How far do the dials stick Wev? Figure it would be similar to the Sunbeam.

Well, they are all being made offshore, so the quality of any given unit is up for grabs :(

But, with that being said, the house branded unit from PCToys has been doing me just fine for a few years now. I can't complain. I haven't had any problems.

Well, they are all being made offshore, so the quality of any given unit is up for grabs :(

But, with that being said, the house branded unit from PCToys has been doing me just fine for a few years now. I can't complain. I haven't had any problems.

Wouldn't happen to have a link to it on thier site would you? I am not seeing and house branded ones..

I recntly purchase a fan controller to help quiet down my system. But a few of the cables for the fans are not long enough to reach the controller. Anyone know where I can get extension cables for the 3 pin plug fan wires?