DV to DVD

Hemidare

I am wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction on what app will take a video from a Canon ZR60 and record it right onto dvd. I have ulead and it takes up to 6 hours atleast to do it and now it has stopped doing it. I was asked to do it as a favor and would really like to do it for my friends.

Any ideas? Thanx let me know.

Guest LookBackX2

I have a few free utilities that can encode the .avi files I capture from my mini DV camera to DVD format, but I have experienced one problem after another getting it to encode correctly.

Mine usually takes 4 to 6 hours to encode a 1 hour video.

The problems I am having can generally be categorized as either sound issues or aspect issues. I'm no video guru, I would just like to archive my home videos in a format that will be more hard drive friendly than the ridiculously large .avi file I get when I capture from the camera. Maybe even author a dvd or two for special occasions, simple stuff. I'll post the names of those utilities when I get home Hemi. Maybe you can make sense of them and get quality encoded video. I've had no such luck though....:mad:

Guest LookBackX2

Sorry man, this program I have is just a MPEG1 encoder. Not really what you are looking for.

The xilosoft one looks like the ticked i will try that one out. However if anyone else has any suggestions i would appreciate it as well. Just dont understand why it has to take so long even when i back up my personal dvds it doesnt take that long to encode or compress them.

I generally pull the DV off the cam and then run it into Nero Recode, Sony Vegas (very expensive though), or ConvertXtoDVD (a KILLER program!).

keep in mind raw DV is usually much higher bitrate AVI than even MPEG-2 (DVD) which is generally about 2-8Mbit (DV I think runs in the 10's or 20's for bitrate)