copy protection?

Repr

To download a game you need to download between the 2-8GB data. When on 56k you wont do this. ofcourse there are some people with 56k getting it from people with high-speed connections, but lets ignore this group, since i think its a minor group.

------------------------

The bad is....you need internet. playing a quick game on your laptop will be hard, when on 56k you need to dial in every time (they still excist.....or so i have been told).

sounds like 99% of the people in kuwait. i remember the day i got DSL all of my friends calld me and begged me (some even offering to pay me ) to DL pirated software and songs for them. i just hung up in their faces.

god i hate it when people pirate software sure it's cheeper but they dont know how they are screwing up the software and music industry. think about it lets just assume that genre A is really popular but nobody actually buys anything from genre A so the industry doesnt get any profit from genre A therefore they stop making anything from genre A and they switch to genre B (that sucks). so the genre that everyone like just disapears.

here in kuwait everyone pirates software . heck there are (several) malls that are full of pirated software and movies. i am probably one of the few (if not the only) person here in kuwait that doesnt pirate

You do know that the University of Berkley did a study years ago that proved that the music industry has not lost a single dime from piracy, they are losing money because they have to much crap music. They actually proved that people illegally downloading the music made them money, because people were more likely to buy the album after hearing a few of the songs. If I can find the link to it I will post it. And I am pretty sure the same goes for the movie industry too, they need to let Will Smith make more movies and music I think.:rolleyes: