Bringing In Stock

poligoon

I've been working at a computer store for the last few months on saturdays for store credit and just started i full time a few days ago. I will have the duties of placing orders. Just curious what i should bring in. We want to appeal to alot of people, so I want input on everyday stuff and well as OCing gear (fans, watercooling, ect) Any input is welcome. Thanks.

I know the basics, the store allready has been open for years and has a good base of customers and now we are trying to expanded it. im talking watercooling kits, fans,fan controlers, OCing stuff.or anything youve seen in other computer stores and said "holy crap thats cool".

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

get in some thermalright sinks led fans tornados 80mm-92mm adapters some vantect iceberg kits. gpu water blocks, some hard to find(i think hard) ram waterblocks, volcanoe 12 might sell well

I would say make sure you have some of the basic case mods such as cold cathodes, LED Fans, cold cathode fans, fan grilles, etc. Definitely some watercooling equipment too. but yeah, don't bring in the aquarius or Aphanix Iceberg I kits. And its always good to have adapters and molex to those little 3 pin adapters too (very useful for hooking up some fans). Thermalright Heatsinks is a good idea too along with some different fans, then ur store can setup combos to sell.

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

hey hook me up with a SP-97 and vantect tornado for $50 and i will worship you fo ever

if you can sell stuff cheap, such as lesser than CompUSA's overpriced accessories (xtreme gears), then you will have customers and possibly be more successful in appealing to us Gaming Geeks.

Go check out Watercooling companies such as Dtek, DangerDen, etc. (high grade equipment) and get whole sale prices. Well, you've been around in OCC so just look around. Something i would do would be for detailing like paints, teflon, cutting tools, UV everything, sleeving, screws, anodized accessories, custom mouses, mouse pads, bottons, etc....

GL

Agree with Bigred!

Way too much of a specialty item to waste retail space on. Yes its cool (pun intended!) but every inch of retail space is worth money....

Water won't sell in a store, and as Red states there is an issue of liabilty....

a few specialty heatsinks, sure... and hard to find fans, sure...

nowadays the general market is leaning towards quiet computers...

Papst fans, panaflo fans... quiet cases, etc. etc.....

IMveryHO

PC toys wholesales pretty cheap, as I believe they are running into tough times. Someone I know runs a website and resells a lot of stuff from them. Fan grills, ccfl, fans, all good stuff and pretty darn cheap as far as he says. Especially for smaller ordering companies, he says they treat you really nice.