EA = More bad customer service (another "Sony" rant coming s

Angry_Games

From the Rock Band thread in the Console Games section, as well as from Rock Band's own forum where I am not alone by any means:

My guitar broke 5 song in, and so I did Express RMA, which means they put a $100 hold on my credit card (debit), and send me a guitar, and I have 28 days to send the defective one back.

Except the 28 days starts from the day you give them your CC #.

And now, 10 xxxxing days later, I've got this:

well here's my problem now...I put in for Express Return on the 21st...it is now the 29th and my replacement still hasn't shipped, and now I'm getting the run around.

I've been patient all this time without yelling and screaming and threatening, but now I'm starting to burn inside over this. Sure I can play with my 2 360 Explorer guitars, but I'm now 8 days into my 28 day return period and I'm still getting the "Billing Information Received" nonsense at UPS and "New RMA" nonsense at the EA support page.

I think it's time to start asking a lot of the popular sites out there to begin putting out the word that this is becoming a fiasco. I'm wondering why people who put in an RMA on the 25th have already had their guitars either shipped or received. Why those of us that did it the first two days still haven't had any update other than the run-around from EA (I've been getting it for the last couple of days as I try to figure out why my replacement is not shipping).

Again, I'm very patient and level-headed, but this is starting to burn me up. I'm not interested in hearing how EA is backlogged or any other excuse anymore. I'm only interested in getting my guitar replaced before my 28 days is up, and with only 20 days to go, and the thing hasn't even shipped yet, that means 3-5 days once it does ship to get here, and then 3-5 days for me to return the defective one.

So if it shipped out today, I'm still looking at having anywhere from 14-18 of my 28 days being eaten up...but that's assuming it would ship today. What if it takes another 5 days for EA to get it shipped? Now I'm looking at 19-23 days of my 28 days eaten up...but at the rate it's going, I'm not even sure if they will get it done in time. Factor in the holiday season which can add up to 7 more days for shipping, and you begin to see my worry.

I'd like to see this resolved for myself as well as everyone else here who has followed Harmonix/EA's instructions and used the very nice EA support site to get their RMA started, and yet are still waiting for the replacements to even be shipped.

Come on Harmonix. You've created this great game that is wildly popular, but the negative press will eventually add up to where people will begin to ask themselves if spending $170 on a product that has a much-too-high return rate is worth that $170, especially if the returns aren't actually being take care of in a timely manner.

and this:

Well here again, day #10 and for an entire 5 minutes yesterday, I saw my UPS tracking # showing In-Transit from KY to SLC (I live in Idaho, this is where UPS always routes packages for me).

Five minutes after checking, as I said in previous post, I checked again and it was back to "Billing Info Received".

Today I woke up and hoped that it was just a system error and today I would be able to get my Fender and enjoy it. Just checked my EA support page and no updates...and I just checked UPS and once again, it only shows "Billing Info Received", which makes me wonder if they didn't put my replacement on a truck and one of the following things happened:

1. The truck blew up and all the replacements were destroyed, so we have to start over again

2. EA decided to mess with me a little by having UPS tell me that the package was in transit and then they yanked it off the truck

2A. The UPS driver's RB guitar broke and he just snagged mine for himself.

3. Al-Queada hijacked the truck as their new plan is not to blow up Americans, but whip them at Rock Band so badly that we all commit mass-suicide, OR, somehow use all of the wiring/electronics inside the guitar to build a massive bomb that will...break the instant they hit the detonator, which leaves them no choice but to file an Express Return through EA which means they will have to wait 10-28 days before they can rebuild the bomb.

I'm not sure which scenario is real, but at least it gives me something to chuckle at (which helps keep the anger over this nonsense at a minimum, which is getting harder each day that nothing happens)

and now this:

and now today UPS once again shows shipping info for my package, but it's even more odd:

Type: Package

Shipped To: REDFORD, MI, US

Service: GROUND

Weight: 6.50 Lbs

Why is it going to Redford, MI? Yesterday it said it was coming from Kentucky to Salt Lake City, now it shows it is being shipped to Redford, MI?

Is Redford a big UPS hub or something?

And why does it still show "Billing Information Received" instead of "In Transit"?

You know, I'm really starting to feel one of those "WHY YOU SHOULDN'T BUY FROM SONY" moments again...like a front page rant and then have other sites and forums show my displeasure (or have everyone here DIGG it)

while this is a nice gesture, this is not really a solution to the problem...they should have been ready for this (especially after seeing the fiasco of Guitar Hero 3's release)

Greetings Rocker,

Congratulations on your purchase of Rock Band!

After reviewing our records, we see that your recent request for a replacement guitar has been subject to an unacceptably long delay due to a late shipment from our manufacturer.

By the time you receive this, your replacement guitar should be on its way to you. However, the Rock Band team is committed to providing a world-class customer experience and we do not believe we have met this commitment in connection with your request. As a token of our appreciation for your patience and understanding, we will be offering you a FREE EA game. Details will follow shortly.

We are sorry if your first experience with Rock Band has not met your expectations. We hope our gift will show you how committed we are to your satisfaction.

Thank you,

The Rock Band Team

I wonder how much this is going to cost EA in the long run with all the guitars, drums, etc being defective and then on top the extra shipping charges from UPS and then this, the "we'll give you a free game of your choice" nonsense...

they'll let me know in a few days but if it's Xbox360 I want either Burnout Paradise (not released yet) or NHL 08.

Personally, I'd rather they just give me a working guitar and take the $100 hold off my debit card, and you know, get everyone else's guitars out to them (and drums etc). I guess also instead of a free game maybe $50 off a second (non-defective haha) guitar so we would have a complete band. But the 'free' thing isn't as important as getting this . taken care of in a timely manner.

This game is HUGE. It's going to be a game you hear about a lot from 360/PS3 owners and friends of those owners. If you haven't played it yet...get yourself a friend or 3 with a 360/PS3 and play it.