NF4 PCI-E 2.0 Compatiblity issues

Yeah, the Expert doesn't have the jumpers (DFI's site was down earlier so I couldn't double-check).

This might seem like a dumb question, but just to be sure, do you have the SLI bridge connected between the graphics cards?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after reading into this issue more, i have come to the conclusion that SLI isnt working because the PCI-e slots on my expert board are v1.0. from teh information ive come across, these should run in SLI if i had PCI-e 1.1

is there a bios flash that will update these to v1.1? or is that a physical limitation of the board?

i could me mistaken, but i believe asrock released a bios update that updated the PCI-e from 1.0 to 1.1

any thoughts?

It is a physical change, Expert board is REV 1.0a.

Cobia said he has 2 8800GTs running in his SLI-D so for it not to work on the Expert board is odd.

Reinstall windows + quick format?

Did you upgrade from a previous card?

I have a strange problem on an Ultra-D with SLI 8800gt. Bios does strange things, sometimes it wont get past post. When it does windows sees both cards and SLI is enabled but, all the games and benches I have run show little to no improvement. In fact in some games Call of Duty 4 in particular I actually see a drop in frame rate after adding a second card. With a single 88 installed it runs COD4 at around 30 to 40 with most settings on high. With two installed it gets around 15fps. Very strange. I thought it might be a power issue but, I am running a OCZ 600w GamerXtreme PSU which is not small by any means. Now the OS I'm getting this from is Vista Business so I'm not sure if thats the issue. I have XP running on another drive and it gets way better FPS in game but still no where near what a setup like this should run. Unless I have a bottleneck somewhere else. Here are my specs, please comment if you think there is something I'm in need of, or missing.

When nVidia claimed backward compatibility they meant only as far back as PCI Express v1.1. The GTs are known to exhibit all types of issues when used in motherboards utilizing v1.0a. Running in a v1.0a system is very hit-n-miss.

Hello,

1 Red led = VGA issue.

If you have plugged the power connector and have it running in the top PCI-E slot at x16 then it is probably faulty.

Is it possible to test in another PC?