marcopolo

23 members have voted

1. 1.

• 5 stars!
    • 4 stars!
    • 3 stars!
    • 2 stars
    • 1 star =(

I bought the game this morning and played around with it a while (40mins)tonight so here aare my initial impressions:

Gameplay: 8/10 Basically it is Far Cry redux - excellent if you loved the original which I did. More jungle fun. No points for originality. It will take time to explore the new features which may push my rating up to a 9/10!

Graphics: 6-9/10: God only knows what this is going to run on peoples various systems like! On my 8800 GTS 320 (700/1000 aftermarket cooler):

Sound: Yes.

AI: I don't think so!

1280*1024: using fraps, detail level set to high (not very high)

No AA 25-50 FPS very playable

2*AA 15-30 FPS Hmmmm - I wouldn't.

4*AA - get a GTX(s) and OC / SLI them!! I would be surprised if anyone was happy 4*AA high/very high on even a GT/X.

I tried it 2,4*AA on medium detail and didn't like it. Far better high detail and no AA.

Good news is though on high detail level the action is so fast you have to stop and specifically look for straight lines to tell which AA you are at!!

Now to really explore the game (throw chickens at people).

If it moves, shoot it.

Marco.

Guest r3d c0m3t

I picked up Crysis yesterday, and I played for a bit before I had to get some shut-eye, and here's what I'm thinking...

Using DirectX 9.0c, Crysis is still able to look better than almost any other game out there. The contours are smooth, the environment is real-time, and HDR lighting plays a huge role for the most part.

However, if you're not using a video card from the DirectX 10 era, don't expect high framerates because even at medium settings Crysis seems to be too much to handle, even with my 1900's...

The gameplay mechanic, while not totally original (by definition) is profound enough that one won't leave the desk and never attempt to play, again. The Nano-suit is a particularly nifty feature in my eyes. It has four modes, each seemingly better/more purposeful than the next - Maximum Armor (Normal), Maximum Speed, Maximum Strength, and Cloak. The latter of which is dependent on the suit's energy status bar, and it depletes quicker the more you move.

The AI seems to be dependent on the difficulty, at the moment I'm experimenting with hard, and they would appear to be smart enough to spot me on top of a clip or notice me in the bushes when I'm running by. I haven't tried delta, but I'd imagine that's more of a one shot kill kind of thing, as opposed to the AI becoming aggressively smarter.

My impressions at the moment are pure at best, but until I've explored the game a bit more, and become accustomed to the environment and such, I'll give it an 8 all around.

Now that i've had a few hours playing the game I can comment a bit more.

If you were a Far Cry fan though - start the game on HARD.

The Nanosuit functions are great. I discovered you can mame people/objects in the most creative ways. Run out of ammo - no problem. Stick your suit in strength mode, pick up a chicken and hurl it at the said opponent. punch down a tree and bludgeon stuff.

If you hide behind trees whilst taking flak - i've seen the enemy twice shoot a tree down on themselves and die. I had to collect my gut muscles before carrying on.

The weapon mods are good too.

There is a lot of humour in the game.

I kept my settings (8800 GTS OC'd) at 1280*1024, NO AA, detail HIGH. Frames are good, smooth action and only very occasional stutter when stuff gets very clutterd.

Yes it is just Far Cry 2 but is is great fun too!

Well worth £30.

Marco.

3 stars.

Loved the first part.

I refuse to play the second. Pretty much anything with aliens.

Why the xxxx does every game I like do this? Start off with something simple, something relatively easy, something relatively normal, then add stupid xxxxING missions on top of that.

The escape from the tower? Gay.

The protection of your formerly badass captain-turned giant pathetic pansy butt? Really gay.

The escape flight off the island? Unbelievably uber-gay.

This is where I deleted the game by the way. I should have done it when trying to get out of the tower. You know, in places where we don't have things that are recognizable, like, I dunno, DOORS, maybe you should give a hint or two after I've floated around for half an hour in the same xxxxing place.

xxxx this game. If I ever play it again it'll be just like Halo 1 - I'm only playing the parts before the stupid Aliens/Flood show up, then dropping it.

xxxxers.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

well what to say?

this game sucks...

joking lol - i loved far cry on pc, xbox versions blew, and i LOVE Crysis

the SCAR sound should sound a bit tougher, need more SCAR ammo, and i think the shotgun should be a bit more powerful, AND lol (last one i promise) when u reload the pistol, its too fast, no one can reload drop the clip, get a new one from ur bag and load it in 2 seconds, all in all i love it very much

5 stars

Guest r3d c0m3t

Installed the hotfix and frames took a somewhat massive leap, instead of the very low count of 15fps (bare minimum), and the highest being 20~22fps, I'm now seeing 38~40fps, and it never dips below 33.

I'd say if you have Catalyst 7.11, the hotfix is already a part of the download, so enjoy it. :)

EDIT: Um...yay! Can't wait to see what the 3870 can do.

Guest phoenixdancer

hey all.

Just compleated crysis... i must say it was great BUT WHY END SO EARLY!!!

all i did was kill an Alien Exosute and a Alien warship and then i got into a vtol with tha woman and it flys towards the main sphear and my dude says lets go back cus profit is still alive..

then credits.... i mean wtf.. i was only playing for a less then 20 hours!!! and i was on hard mode!

i hope they bring a new one out, deff will be a crysis 2 as its left on a cliff hanger

i gave this 2 stars. the gameplay is not anything special. sounds are weak. none of the guns sound like they do a lot of damage.

yea the graphics are amazing but thats not all that makes a game great. look at diablo 2 for example, or starcraft

Guest synergy

I gave it 4 stars. The visuals are amazing. I am running it at 1280x768, 2xAA, all high settings and get 27-30 FPS. The game is somewhat buggy. Sound is crummy. The gameplay is actually pretty damn good. I love the open-ended-ness of it. As with FarCry the voice acting is horrible! I'm not too big on the whole alien thing either, but I just kill the Korean general and have to espcape the "temple" :P

BTW...someone should put SPOILERS in the title of this post!