P35 Blood Iron + Q6600 + OCZ Platinum XTC

Yup i agree with ya all plenty of air blowing across everything and you should be able to get high i mean really high, i managed to push some good scores on the BI using Q6600 / E6700 / E4400 most of them benched above 4Ghz with good air blowing across the mobo and with watercooling on the cpu's

Blood Iron Thread at DFI CLub for looks and might help some with their settings ;)

Logan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the exact same deal I can keep my Quad under 70C at 3.5 but at 3,6 or 9X400 my 9700 Zallman reg just wont keep it under 70C and it wont pass prime 95 either. But at 3.5 Im good to go and Im not seeing that high end temp that keep's on raising. I don't know what causes that going from 20C spread to 30+C spread, you cross that line some ware where the heat on these quad's just keep's on raising no mater what you do.

I also think that if you don't buy the high end 200+dollar MB your not going to get the best OC'er in that line. It seam';s like the guy's that buy the high end ASUS like the deluxe ver's just seam to be able to get a little farther than the 100 to 150 dollar boards'. Like my P5K-E/WiFi can. I even tried pulling the side off my Box and shooting a desk top fan into it to see if I was having lac of airflow that was causing the heat build up im seeing. It didn't make any difference. I could have bought the Thermalright 120 Ultra but I thought the 9700 Zallman was better built and would do at least as good as the Tuniq, at least I hope it will. BA

• 1 month later...

all right, alittle update on my board.

i havent checked to see if i can raise the roof anymore, but i just installed the TR ultra 120 extreme and the performance is mind-blowing! im running 1.4 at 3.6, and the vdroop is huge, dropping to 1.34 on the worst case scenario, while hovering around 1.36... this is on load. so i upped the volt up to 1.4, and it bench just fine for ~3hr!

here's the kicker... the max temp barely pass 63... lol

i was so happy with the 120e i made a full review with picz n stuff to compare it with the Zalman. will update soon :)

thx for the linkies, loggan!

yes i do have 4x1Gb OCZ XTC Platinum and it works fine. sad that i have 32-bit vista ultimate, so i cant utilize all of it, but adobe premiere pro certainly loving the 3Gb :D

edit: btw, here's a major concern....... the RAM stick is HOT TO THE TOUCH! this is at 2.100. is this normal? :( im abit scared...