Lp P35 Ut Tr2

Hey guys, just got all my parts for my new system and put it together and running into a problem. On a cold boot when the power is drained, I hit the power button and the computer turns on and post for about 3 sec and then shuts down for 2 and the resumes itself and starts up windows. If I shut down without turning off the power on the surge pro or reboot in windows, it does not shut down during the boot process. I know most of the time it could be a grounding issue with the board but I don't think this is the case. I have triple checked and reinstalled it a few times. Anything else I could try? Was about to get the DS3R but need the dual NIC teaming feature. Thanks again.

System:

Q6600 "GO"

DFI LP P35 UT TR2

2 x 2048 G Skill DDR 1000

ATI HD 2600 Pro

PC Power & Cooling 610 Silencer

It is normal.

The board boots once to set the NB strap then boots into windows.

If you leave the ATX switch off or disconnect the power surge the board has to boot to set the strap then re boot itself into windows.

If you just shut down from windows leaving the ATX power on the board will usually boot straight into windows first time (unless you make changes in the BIOS) when you hit the power button.

There are 2 exit shutdown modes on the Genie BIOS page (Mode 1 & Mode 2)

Mode 1 is supposed to make the board only boot once but if you make changes in the BIOS your board may not be able to set the strap & the boot will fail. It is recommended you use mode 1 when you have finished adjusting/tweaking things in the BIOS.

Mode 2 allows the board to boot twice so it can set itself up. This is the setting I use & I just put up with the double boot.

CN :)

• 3 months later...

i just got my DFI P35 motherboard today. running an E8400 and 4GB (2x2GB OCZ DDR2-800 Titanium).

i am having the cold boot problem, however i have not yet gotten the board to post. it just continuously powers up, shuts down, then powers itself up again, and shuts down again. this happens continuously.

i tried setting the jumpers for FSB1333 and Auto, i tried removing the mobo from the case, i tried single sticks in all 4 slots, i tried resetting the CMOS for over an hour, i tried reseating the HSF/CPU.

what else can i do? do i have to RMA it? are there any settings/jumpers that i can use to reset it and get it working?

TIA.

well, my mom has an emachines computer that has a P4 LGA 775 chip in it, so i took the chip and HSF off, threw it in my machine, booted it, flashed the BIOS, and now i am good to go.

thx for the help guys :D