DFI Expert/Venus BIOS Mod

Regardless of where the BIOS originated, it's unbelievable that there are users that are willing to flash their board without any info. Nothing posted as to what is supposedly fixed or modded. Yet users are willing to blindly use it without knowing the first thing about it. No wonder support work is a 24 hour a day job.

Regardless of where the BIOS originated, it's unbelievable that there are users that are willing to flash their board without any info. Nothing posted as to what is supposedly fixed or modded. Yet users are willing to blindly use it without knowing the first thing about it. No wonder support work is a 24 hour a day job.

Couldn't agree more; if you don't know WTF it does; then stay away from it.

Well, I am sure that if it wasn't -=Merlin=-, people would be avoiding these like the plague. But this guy modded some of the best BIOSes I've ever used, back in the socket A days. On the other hand he likes to play mysterious and just posts the BIOS without a changelog or answering questions.

I hope you start answering some questions, because it would be sweet to know what's under the hood, before testing it. Until then I can't recommend anyone trying it.

Well, I am sure that if it wasn't -=Merlin=-, people would be avoiding these like the plague.

That's the only reason this thread is still visible. Without any info regarding what was changed/improved there is no reason for anyone to try it.

• 1 month later...

Not that anyone asked but my take on this is if he is not willing to support or answer questions on his modded bios's they should not be allowed here.

This is supposed to be a place where members can come and get answers to their questions.

Tmod