Speaker System

Anospa

Heya, looking for a new set of speakers. 5.1 is probably what I'm looking at, I have a cheapo logitech 5.1 set right now I got for 50 bucks about two years ago, but mainly use headphones for gaming, but the speakers are nice for music movies and a bunch of other stuff. I'm looking to try and spend under $125-ish if I can manage.

What I'm looking for is a set that'd do well with gaming/TV/movies and music. Clarity at somewhat high (not annoying to neighbor's loud) volumes is a must as well as durability.

I don't really know brands for speaker brands, so hoping maybe some people could suggest some sets/sites to check out. Gonna do a bit of googling and post back with some stuff to get thoughts on them.

Yeah, thats what a few sites have shown me so far. What are important things to look at, and reasonable numbers for the price I'm looking for?

These might get hooked up to an HDTV for movies now and then, so that may be something else to consider.

My wife and my brother has this set of 5.1 speakers from Logitech for their computers. They both love it! They're have everything that you're asking for in a speaker system. Most importantly, paired up with an excellent sound card, they are loud and have clarity that's unbelievable. You can do anything and everything with this set.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16836121121

My wife and my brother has this set of 5.1 speakers from Logitech for their computers. They both love it! They're have everything that you're asking for in a speaker system. Most importantly, paired up with an excellent sound card, they are loud and have clarity that's unbelievable. You can do anything and everything with this set.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16836121121

You mean these? (No offense meant, Lavell) Besides, I think he's looking for something a little more htpc oriented. He might want bigger speakers in that case, though i have the same system, and yes, they DO sound very, very good with a good sound card. And they can crank. But the wire seperating the 2 front's isn't very long. You might end up having to splice some longer lenghts in them. I think you will find what you're looking for in one of these links i provided for you, as they cover just about every kind of speaker there is.

I had a hard time with my internet connection last night, so i couldn't elaborate. I was lucky i got to post those links for you, Anospa. If you're going to buy online, i would recommend looking at user reviews, and if possible, find a store that carries them so you can hear them. Then jump online and buy the ones you want cheaper. Works for me! ;)