Old Ram new problems

I was going to join up in another forum (won't say what one), but declined after perusing a bit and seeing really nasty flaming and arguing. Couldn't believe it. Makes me appreciate even more this forum and it's members.

And how well Travis and the mods (sounds like a name for a band...lol.) use tact and class to keep everybody civil and downright friendly. Hey Travis, Maybe you can use that in your guitar hero thing you play or whatever it is. (jaz<---clueless) :dog:

Home sweet home. :cool:

Same here. I'm kinda "in between video cards, cuz I'm going to use evga's step up program to hopefully get my hands on the 9 series i hear gossip about the g92 out before christmas. The are going to be killer from the specs i see. SO i want to wait to do any gaming until i get the card. If i can't get the 9 series I'm getting a gtx768mb And oc it. It's got the same core as the ultra's.

1/2life2 ep2 crashed 3 times just while i was setting up the controls. Wierd.

I just read on steam's support page that my nod32 anti-virus utilizes a "pool memory" thing of some kind and can interfere with game play. I had it on while i downloaded the game, but i ran a "backround procces compatibility tester" from steam's support page, and it scanned my system, and said i had no software that would conflict with steam or it's games. Huh. I hate inconsistancies.

I don't play any online games and always play in offline mode, 1st doing a fresh reboot, then unplugging my dsl modem, then from my services icon on my desktop, i disable security center, my antivirus and anything else that's not needed offline. to run my pc. I get down to about 18 backround proccess with a commit charge of about 130-140. Frees up my memory and lets my cpu concentrate more on the game.

By the way, anybody got a spare PCIe vcard they can lend me while i wait for my step-up card next month? j/k. :rolleyes:

Yup I sent back my 2x512 XP3500 Redlines and they sent me back a 1GB stick of XP4000. Now thats some customer service there. I should have asked how much it would have cost to make it a dual channel 2GB kit so I could get rid of this G.Skill it does not overclock at all.