E6850 Trouble with CPU Multi

I have RMA'd this dog and I still have the same situation. I am hung on "9" Multi. It will not change to 10 or 11. I have flashed my way through the BIOS and still at 9. BIOS says 11 but it comes up on 9. Any suggestions, including "you're just plain stupid". Next call should be Intel?

I'm not very fond of my ICFX3200. It's sitting in a box waiting to be peddled on ebay. The LanParty P35 I have is a good board but for all of it's complexity and sheer amoutn of settings hasn't been able to produce numbers any better than my P5K. It's a tie between the P5K Premium and the LP P35 for me. 500FSB is nothing and it will run a Quad just as well as a Duo..

You might want to hold out and see how the X38's perform as well. Should actually be a bit better than the P35's, especially when crossfire comes into the fray.

An E6850 has a default multiplier of x9. It won't go any higher, only lower. Need an Extreme chip for that.

Thanks, If I had brought it up auto, I'd have got. Tried and yep, You are so right.

CPDMF - Thanks, I ordered a P35 and will take a look at the X38 when available. This 6850 is some chip. It reminds me of those first AMD Opteron chips for Sockett 939.

Asus has some fair looking X38 boards. I ordered the DFI P35 and when I have my 30 days about up, I will swap for the asus X38. The FSB and bandwidths are sweet. Now I see why the DDR3-12800 but the prices O.M.G.! I thought $400 for DDR was wild. I guess they got to keep up with INTEL. Good thing they have the Q6600. How about the QX9650 due out in November, WOW!

Most Yorkfield users will never know what their chip is capable of. With the current line of thought so popular today, spend as little as possible and expect the world, the majority of buyers will be getting the crippled Q9300. They'll run out of FSB before they reach the limit of the chip's potential.