X38 DDR2 - Which one

supershanks

Surfs up on Asus Maximus Formula SE X38 &

but

Abit IX38 QuadGT

is due out next week.

Am discounting the dfi offering, expecting it as usual some time after the rest.:)

Last 2 boards have been Asus, commando , which is also ROG:eek: (5/10) & p5k dlxe (9/10) I do feel that quality & support are a bit of a lottery with asus, but as usual, the board looks good.

I'm unsure which to get, has anyone else got plans, ideas, or are you holding out till penryn & ddr3

cheers :D

I would be drawn more to the Gigabyte X38 DQ6 myself, they don't seem to be far off the mark with their latest run of boards. I never have had much luck with ASUS although they all have their downfalls.the X38 was just a little bit on the new side for me to risk it so I just opted for the P35 with a quad core instead. The Abit looks to be a nice contender too. I'd need to see some real world benchmarks/performance increases and even then the price is a little steep for me, $300 this side of the pond,I can only imagine what they are back in the UK.

PS. The ASUS does look sweet though.

Yes fair point re gigabyte the DQ6 range, it has been very successsful, have read that that's the main reason that gigabyte were 1st to market by about a week with the x38.

I remember the day when I cringed at spending $140
:lol: wevsspot, your shaowing your age:D, mind you think i was just behind in the queue, as i have similar memories. Seems we save money on cpus these days and have to blow it on mobos.:lol:

Hvinfg slobbered a bit last night over the maximus, i'm still drawn to the cheaper but similarly specced abit quad, will wait & see the benches