Sata I vs II

Darkorb

It realy doesnt matter which one you put the OS on, but I have noticed a great improvement in getting the page file to a seperate disk, If you have a storage drive then make a 2-3 Gb partition at the start and put your page file there and use the rest for storage. I don't like having games on the OS drive myself, I have 2x 80Gigs 1 is for the OS and the other for the Pagfile, and a 120gig for my games and programs. any spare space on all drives I use as storage. Think about the drive that has everything on it, it will be seeking all over the place from your OS files to your game directories and page file all at the same time. That generates alot of heat for the drive.

About your last question, If you make a good image of your C: drive when all is running sweet and the games you want are installed, then even if you do get something nasty you can reinstall via the image and it will retain your game files so you don't have to reinstal everything all over again. Sadly Its easier said than done, Acronis true image is apparently the best at this but you need to read up on the do's and don'ts before you try it with valuable files you can't afford to lose.

If you have blank disks then you can afford to take some time and try various setups and find one that you feel comfortable with, I guess its all trial and error.

Good luck bro