Attaching Ram Sinks Are There Cheaper

Does anyone have any cheap ideas to attach heatsinks to video RAM I am try to use a silacone based thermal compound but it wont set or dry its sticky but if its wet its no good.Can you mix a little glue to things like artic ceramic anywayIDEAS????

If you dont mind waiting a bit, these guys will send you thermal tape as good as 3M frag tape in around 2 weeks time.just go into request a sample and choose thermaltach 404 or T404.

They sent me 2 strips of the stuff 2" wide x 10" long. Really good for HS you dont want to attach permanently ;)

http://www.chomerics.com/products/thermatt...404_405_412.htm

PS: The T404 is at the bottom of the sample page in "thermally conductive adhesive tape"

Oh yeah, it's FREE :P

Edited by kobalt

get some Arctic Silver or Arctic Alumina Adhesive. Its not that expensive. And its not permanent. To remove the heatsinks once they are on all u have to do with twist it and they come off but it will hold. don't use any form a regular epoxy or tape they all suck.

I wouldn't recommend super glue or using a thermal grease. first of all getting that super glue off if u choose to remove them and put something else there in the future will be a headache. Also when using the grease it does have the potential to run, and yes AS3 or 5 and even ceramique can run I have seen it with my own eyes. I would stay with a adhesive like Arctic Silver or Arctic Alumia Adhesive. Do it the right way once and you wont have to worry about it.

!?!?!? Have you tried the super glue in the coners!?!?

If you haven't then I'd suggest that you do. I did NOT say to mix it in just put a little on a couple of courners of the chip and it will hold it sung but not perminite.

Rob