Crysis Demo and official system req's

Guest SuppA-SnipA_merged

Guest SuppA-SnipA
me and my friend could play Farcry on high 1280x1024 with 6800Ultra and 6600gt (ultra was mine :D )

nice :)

jelly - thats the fun part when u buy a new video card heh, cranking up the gfx on games u played on lower quality :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i can see crysis making it into the benchmark area

interestingly the game will not need such high system req's as we think

"- Cevat believes that GeForce 8800 GTS or Radeon 2900 will be good for running Crysis at 1280 resolutions on maximum settings but for 1600x1200 or higher you'll need faster hardware."

source - HERE

ill run it with high settings, and usually i turn off the useless stuff, Vsync, AF, etc, maybe 1280 x 1024, if not that then 1024 x 768

those are incredibly high system requirements...you always got to remember that we here are probably the top 1% of all gamers with our high-end systems. 90% of the rest are running OEM rigs like Dell and/or still on a 6600GT or X850 with 1GB RAM and a single core cpu or PentiumD (dual core but not Core2)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SuppA-SnipA

Crysis Demo has been delayed to the 26th of October, i dont mind it really, rather have a delayed demo then a delayed retail game

I would very much agree that FarCry was an awesome looking game but story wise it sucked big time, I owned it for 2 years before I completed it. It just doesnt have that longevity you need for a great game. Although Crysis looks fantastic I think it will be much the same in storyline, I realy hope not. When I build my next rig I will be getting this game so im not gonna even get the demo. The game that has my interest is Alan Wake, I like the storyline (on paper) but who knows. Best game I ever played that had a storyline grab me from the get go was good old Final fantasy 7.

after playing the beta, i am pissed

it runs like ., on my system

and talking to ppl in the game, with quads and ultra's, there not getting above 40 fps on any settings. DEFF the nvidia drivers, my friend 1950xt, medium/high settings, 0AA (AA doesnt work anyways) 1440x900 he gets average 50fps

Guest SuppA-SnipA

yes it is still in beta, needs optimizations

on my pc i run it at medium 30 fps constant, 1024 x 768 no AA, i can do high too (yes i can play with crappy fps, but i dont usually)

darkorb - tell ur friend to drop the resolution

I had to play the Crysis beta on low :(

Here are the minimum requirements for the beta so this should give you a general idea of what the retail game will be.

* Windows XP. This Betatest can be played on Vista but Vista is not officially supported.

* Intel P4 3.2 GHz/AMD Athlon 3200+ or higher

* 1.5 GB RAM

* 8X or faster DVD-ROM drive

* 4 GB or more of free hard drive space

* DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA 7... series/ATI X... series or higher video card

* DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

* Multiplayer: 2 to 32 players, network or Internet connection required (Cable, DSL, or faster connection)

-Yay 100 posts lol