Help! cant install Tuniq Tower 120

yfital

Ok, i really need some help, i have never felt this stupid in my life.

I have a dfi expert, and i just bought new mem, and the tuniq tower.

happy happy me, i went and took off my old stock (my w.c. broke) HS, cleaned my CPU, put some of my old as5, and.......

ammm, well, it looks pretty simple.

This is what i did

1. took off the yellow dfi expert top HS holder, left the backplate.

2. took the monster (aka, tuniq), took out the fan, put the H plate, just into it's middle, the hole on the little... thingy to hold it.

so far, everything is great, now comes the problem

3. put screws.

ok, i put the spring on the screw and than, i put it on the H's plate, on the K8's hole.

i take the second screw, do the same

now...... i need to reach the holes

i know i need to

but i cant.

two adult man together (yes, im weak, but im still an adult! :P), one pusing the tuniq down, the other (me), trying to push the screws in enough, so it will screw in.

we didnt manage to do it

the only thing i managed to do is:

1. no springs

2. one spring, one no.

The one yes, one no, didnt do good, as it didnt hold it symetrical, so i skipped it

I'm currently without the springs, i can move the HS a bit with my hands if i want, which is kinda bad...

Temps are ok, 30'th idle, 40-43 load (with coretemp), with my stock it was almost 50 @ load.

Any chance the screws are just not long enough?

Their length is exactly the same as my stock's ones, but that was doesnt use the screws, and even with it, it reaches the hole with it's last mm...

Im kinda worried, help!??!!?

Thanks in advance, yfital

//edit

im letting orthos running a bit, temps are getting higher, nothing critical, but still, 45'sh... this aint whats it suppose to be :(

sounds a bit weird to me, was expecting better temps...

@ stock with orthos @ 45+ just doesnt sound right

maybe ill remount it with a bit more AS5, this time i wont use their screws, but the regular ones that came with the AMD retention, they are for screwdrivers, i cant squeeze them a bit more

: annoying

I just used longer screws with the springs, with the yellow DFI backplate. How much TIM are you applying? You only need a tiny dot about the size of a small match head in the center of the IHS.

I don't trust the screws that come with the tuniq, I had the knob pop off one of them. Luckily my lid-less opty's core didn't get chipped. I believe it was because I originally used the springs with the stock screws and they were just too tight.

amm, krazy, any chance for a small photo? i thought about that option, but didnt see how to make that happen

Thanks again

and im always only putting a dot in the middle and spreading it, im just afraid the contact with the HS isnt good enough

Well I would take a pic but you aren't going to see anything with it in my case. It's kina huge if you didn't notice. But I will post one if you think it will help.....actually don't you have the little pic that comes with the 120? Thats what I went off of.

Get some threaded rod, a couple of nuts to hold them securely to the board (optional), two nylon washers, and a couple of brass knurled nuts. Install it like a waterblock. The nylon washers go in between the knurled nuts and the springs. This is very important because otherwise the springs will prevent you from being able to unscrew the nuts in the future. You can use the springs that came with the unit.

I did this with mine and it works great. I just don't remember what the thread is now, but bring one of the bolts to Home Depot and match it. I want to say it's 10-32.

it will be kinda hard finding it around here, im currently just using the normal screws of AMD, so i belive i can always unscrew them (they are for a screwdriver)...

to be frank, this is really disappointing for a high end cooling, and i think its not sitting properly because of it.

ill try the clip thingy krazy, thanks anywayz, and i hope it will be better

Thanks again for the help