Do Games Make You Feel Like A Loser?

Guest Blooz1_merged

Guest Modulok

LOL goldeneye was awesome...good single player, but beating my lil brother's a$$ was the best...looking back now I should have let up a little, IDK how he didn't kill himself (or me) for me beating him 9 of 10 matches.

But now he is in his teens and loves games, and still plays me...so that loser thing is crap. If it were true my bro would have just gave up and been a loser b/c he couldn't beat me.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we spent so many hours playing goldeneye! Then Perfect Dark came out and goldeneye sat in the closet... lol

I played doom3 when it first came out... first game to ever scare the crap outta me... but I was playing int he dark on my own... lol

I'll know in the first few mins of a new game if I like it or not, If I do like it then I won't play anything else until its completed. Online games yield the most fun though there is no question of that.

BF2 is still an excellent game which was made specifically for online play but if for whatever reason they started to charge for playing online then I would uninstall it and never play it again.

Im not giving in to money grabbing whores who constantly want paid every month so you can use their game. WoW I will not play for this reason.

It reminds me of owning a TV in britain and still having to pay for a television license every year. You buy the TV and pay for your monthly cable and still you have to pay 120 pounds (240 bucks) per year to watch it, I mean "F U and ten people that look like you".

If it was a one time payment of 10 bucks for setting up a game account well that I might consider if the game was good.

If the game developers would employ professional programmers with expirience, probably from the age of 35 and up instead of getting spotty faced youngsters fresh out of college to write their bloated games where you need rediculous hardware to run it.

For example look at HL2 or Doom 3, I played those on an 9800 pro and they still looked fantastic. You may not have liked the games but you cant say they needed a super PC to run them either. I wonder how many 8800 are being bought by people who patiently wait to play just 2 games.

Hehe, games doesnt make me feel like a looser

Reasons why it don't:

I'm a Ex national team player for multiply games.

I still beat lots of national team players in several games.

What games i do prefer.

Starcraft: Basicly, it gives me a damn great challenge, not like fps games which there are 95% noobs, not to be offensive here though, since im prolly better than lots of you, prolly.

I grew up with games from a little age, one thing thats quite an dilemma for me, I do like a challenge, but I don't like loosing( or like, like being good at things)

so, I got more talent in car games and fps than rts, rts just bring the challenge, I play car games and some fps for just fun, mostly single player actaully.

is that even a title you can name youre self???

isn't that more what youre parents, exgirlfriends parents and school teachers call ya, or wos that just me? :P

Been gaming since i use to write my own on aquarius 16k home computer and calico man never gonna stop me now!

SoundX brings up a good point about "coordination".

I was first introduced to PC's back in the 80"s when I was in my mid-to-late 30's, and spent all my time working with business apps. I've NEVER used a console of any kind, even up to this day!

Many folks here "grew up" playing games, either on PC's or consoles, so things which I find difficult are second nature to them. Gaming isn't much fun if you can't even get the mechanics down right without thinking about them!

This is me to a tee. I began using computers in 1984; a MacIntosh as it was called back then. Using game controllers is foreign to me. I like cordless keyboard and mouse.

Here is how I handle purchasing games, Blooz1. I don't buy any game until Walmart has it marked down to $19.97 (USD) or less. My last purchase was "Splinter Cell - Double Agent". I made an exception for this one. I paid $29.77. I truly enjoy SC. I will purchase "FEAR" as soon as it hits my price point.

My grandkids think I am rediculous for waiting so long to purchase a game. I tell them that the CD/DVD looks exactly like theirs, only mine was less money.

I believe once my computer won't play the latest, greatest games, I will give them up and use Linux. I use Ubuntu (oo boon too) now. I am getting tired of giving money to some company simply because they keep making changes to their products.

This is me to a tee. I began using computers in 1984; a MacIntosh as it was called back then. Using game controllers is foreign to me. I like cordless keyboard and mouse.

Here is how I handle purchasing games, Blooz1. I don't buy any game until Walmart has it marked down to $19.97 (USD) or less. My last purchase was "Splinter Cell - Double Agent". I made an exception for this one. I paid $29.77. I truly enjoy SC. I will purchase "FEAR" as soon as it hits my price point.

My grandkids think I am rediculous for waiting so long to purchase a game. I tell them that the CD/DVD looks exactly like theirs, only mine was less money.

I believe once my computer won't play the latest, greatest games, I will give them up and use Linux. I use Ubuntu (oo boon too) now. I am getting tired of giving money to some company simply because they keep making changes to their products.

ya I don't understand why people got to run out and buy a game for $60 right away...If I don't get them for free from my friends/contacts, I wait until half.com or Amazon.com has them for $10-$20 (since I refuse to shop at the evil empire walmart).

by the time they are down to $20 or less, they've had some patches and finally the damn game won't crash, runs smooth, cheats/exploits fixed, gameplay balanced, etc.

Xbox360 games...the only game I buy brand new is the new NHL 2k title that comes out every year. Other than that, used bin at Hastings/game stores or half.com/amazon.com for $10 or so. By then everyone is done playing the game on Xbox Live but I don't care since I don't play multiplayer on my xbox.

I will be buying Rock Band though, which is gonna be about $200