Temps High

Some of my temperatures are getting quite high. My room is usually quite cool but these are some temps...

PWMIC: 70*

Chipset: 75*

Video Card: 125*

What can I do about these?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of my temperatures are getting quite high. My room is usually quite cool but these are some temps...

PWMIC: 70*

Chipset: 75*

Video Card: 125*

What can I do about these?

Cleaned the dust off lately?

Chech your chipset fan and make sure it is working. Then go into your BIOS and go to your pc health, make sure your fan temp ranges are engaging the fans at a high enough RPM to get adequate cooling. Then if you are using smartguarding or nvtune or whatever you will have to change that as well once your OS of choice boots and the software management takes over. Also I would recommend taking your NB heatsink off and applying some AS5 instead of the stock thermal paste, this should drop your temps 5c-10c.

For your GPU, make sure your heatsink is clean and free of dust/particles. If the dust prevents the air from making contact with the cooling element then no worky!!! If your are using ATI tool or Rivatuner or the like make sure your fan management isn't cutting off your GPU's fan RPMs to conserve energy/noise. Again here take your GPU heatsink off and reapply some AS5 or Ceramique.

For your PWIM, or ambient case temp make sure you have more air going out than in. You don't want any turbulence inside your case to disrupt the flow of air. Also Check your software managed fan controllers, as well as hardware managed.

Hope that helps

Chech your chipset fan and make sure it is working. Then go into your BIOS and go to your pc health, make sure your fan temp ranges are engaging the fans at a high enough RPM to get adequate cooling. Then if you are using smartguarding or nvtune or whatever you will have to change that as well once your OS of choice boots and the software management takes over. Also I would recommend taking your NB heatsink off and applying some AS5 instead of the stock thermal paste, this should drop your temps 5c-10c.

For your GPU, make sure your heatsink is clean and free of dust/particles. If the dust prevents the air from making contact with the cooling element then no worky!!! If your are using ATI tool or Rivatuner or the like make sure your fan management isn't cutting off your GPU's fan RPMs to conserve energy/noise. Again here take your GPU heatsink off and reapply some AS5 or Ceramique.

For your PWIM, or ambient case temp make sure you have more air going out than in. You don't want any turbulence inside your case to disrupt the flow of air. Also Check your software managed fan controllers, as well as hardware managed.

Hope that helps

Much more helpful post than the rest, I'll get on this, thank you.

No problem, just let me know if you need more help. The after market cooling compounds really do work much better than the crappy stuff that comes standard.

What programs should I be using to monitor temperatures/fan speeds?

Also is this a good way to control fans? With one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813999504

Edit: Also, whenever my BIOS turns my CPU fan off for being under 25C it can't seem to boot it back up when it goes back above 25 C.

Ok that fan controller would probably work, but is not always necessary. Typically you would get a fan controller if you were having trouble with noise levels getting too high and you wanted to sacrifice fan RPM/CFM for lower sound levels. You will most likely NOT get higher performance from a fan controller because the fans are probably already running at their highest rated speed. That is for CASE FANS. Or fans that are not plugged into either the CPU, Chipset, or Fan2 motherboard jumpers. Unless your fans have an in line resistor on them they are already running as fast as they can (or are designed to run [we all know you can always run faster]).

As for your software fan controllers. I just use the supplied ITE Smart Guardian. It works great for me.

For the GPU I use Rivatuner. Its a GPU management program. everything from overclocking to driver management.

You said yoru fan doesn't come back on? Do you mean when you get past the BIOS and into your OS? Or in the BIOS?