X1950XTX or 8800GTS 320?

My friend is thinking of selling his x1950xtx for $230. Would this card be better than an 8800GTS 320????

I would certainly go for the 8800 if money was not a issue, but if your still gonna be playing the same games you have now then there isn't much point as the XTX is a superb card any way you look at it.

I doubt your looking at much of an increase between the 2 cards to "warrant" an upgrade. Personally when I upgrade a Video card its nice to get the buzz when you can double benchmark scores and use those "eye candy" settings that were completely out of the question before.

I'm just not into getting the next card up on the scale, I dont think thats very wise. Like people selling their 7800 to get a 7900 and selling that to get a 7950 etc.

I went from an 8500 64Mb to 9800pro 128Mb (such a buzz) then from the 9800 to the X800XT (again, wow!) and next it will be an X1950GT and probably after that I will jump to some kind of 8800.

I think I would feel robbed to put in a new card and get a small bump in performance compared to that feeling of falling in love with your rig all over again. Plus the longer you can enjoy your current setup things will only get cheaper when you finally run into that game that you want to play but cant.

Neither card is enough to get too excited about the IQ is better in both than the old Nvidia cards but bigger fish are going down in price now that ATI just relesed a new card. That would be th one I am looking at as soon as the price dropes a little.

My friend is thinking of selling his x1950xtx for $230. Would this card be better than an 8800GTS 320????

8800GTS 320MB easy choice

I gots one and more than a few X1900XT's in Crossfire, and I'd easily take the 8800GTS 320MB

I'm just not into getting the next card up on the scale, I dont think thats very wise. Like people selling their 7800 to get a 7900 and selling that to get a 7950 etc.

I went from an 8500 64Mb to 9800pro 128Mb (such a buzz) then from the 9800 to the X800XT (again, wow!) and next it will be an X1950GT and probably after that I will jump to some kind of 8800.

I think I would feel robbed to put in a new card and get a small bump in performance compared to that feeling of falling in love with your rig all over again. Plus the longer you can enjoy your current setup things will only get cheaper when you finally run into that game that you want to play but cant.

Thanks Branjo! It's nice and comforting to see that I'm not alone in making quite rare upgrades.