Games that will use my PC's POWER.

OsamaBinAthlon+

Guest DaddyD302

How about some mmorpg or rts? You can try WoW and go into a busy city and watch it bring your system to it's knees!!! I would say maybe Company of Heroes? How about roller coaster tycoon 3? I personally hate it because on max everything at night with the lighting on it drops my fps from 60+ to a bare crawl...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ArmA:Armed Assault will take the p*ss out most machines. At present it supports neither dual core or SLI. Its the sequel in spirit of Operation Flash point, having been developed by Bohemia Interactive. Atari is releasing it in North America in May I believe and 505 games, Sprocket and idea games released it in Europe starting late November 2006. Upcoming updates will allow for a server to run a persistent battlefield with AI even if there are no players.

Vanguard: saga of heroes is pretty good looking as well and demands a pretty powerful system.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that i finally got my pc prime stable, I re-installed half-life2, episode one. I had to quit in the middle of it when i was down in the dark basement and was stuck. I kept getting overwhelmed by the enimies, but this time i made it out and have progressed on. Besides, I had upgraded my psu and memory at the thime. I gotta tell ya, the freakin game is awesome. I can't wait for episode 2, due out sometime this fall or winter.

I would say it's pretty graphic demanding, just turn everything up to high, including AA and AF, and see how your machine does with that., Osama.

Besides, it's a lot of fun. I still think half life2 was the best game ever made. I get totaly immersed in it. It's like another world. A healthy esacape from reality, at worst.

Well, i just fineshed 1/2life2 episode1...kinda dissappointed it was so short. But it was quite a bit harder than just 1/2life2. A surprise and very difficult ending and a sneak peak into episode2 was well worth it. episode 2 and 1/2life 3 are gonna kickazz. Neilcha, you're sneakin' up your cpu ghz, slowly but surely i see.

I definatly noticed the difference in gameplay @2.4-ddr400 and 2.8 and ddr500. Nice system. i wish i could afford the 2 74gb raptors and run them at raid o.

Summer is coming, so I'm not going to try to hit 3.0 until the fall and i get more of a feel of how to get my infineon ram to play nice with my mobile cpu, nf3 250gb mobo and 2gb of ddr500 el. 2.8ghz will be perfect for summer as it's about as high as i can run it without the temps exceeding 50ºC in summer. I gotta reseat my naked cpu. I think i got just a bit too much AS5 on there.

My pc will probably just be able to handle some of these newer games you guys are mentioning. I just hope they don't get carried away and make them so resource intensive they forget about us people that can only afford mid-end systems. Meaning no sli, dual cpu's ddr2...etc

Fear multiplayer (search for FEAR combat) is FREE aswell :) Gotta give it a go at least, I did and it entertained me for 5 minutes, annoyed me after 10 lol. Crap.