Swiftech H20-220 APEX ULTRA versus CoolIt Freezone

puzzled

Which one of these set-ups is more efficient for a maximum overclock on an AMD 939 CPU? The Swiftech has more coolant volume, & the Freezone has the TEC.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Freezone is a CPU only cooler and doesn't need as much volume flow as a whole-rig cooling system.

The TECs in the Freezone appear to be in the heat exchanger rather than in the CPU WB. Just by itself the Freezone would cool better than a regular H2O rig; however, if you were to install a TEC between the CPU and WB of a good H2O rig, you'd most likely have better performance than the Freezone has to offer.

need Just by itself the Freezone would cool better than a regular H2O rig; however, if you were to install a TEC between the CPU and WB of a good H2O rig, you'd most likely have better performance than the Freezone has to offer.

Do you mean by adding one of these:

ex-blc-348.jpg

Guest r3d c0m3t

It depends on what you're after...if you want maximum OC potential your best bet is to go with a full-fledged watercooling setup and slap one of those TEC waterblocks in the mix and just as Radodrill said you'd most likely have a setup that can outperform the Freezone.

I have the Eliminator and while it's good, it can only get me so far, the Freezone would do better but a well put together watercoooling setup would be that much better. :cool:

Let me run this by you. I was thinking of doing a Swiftech H20-220 APEX ULTRA, but after some thought I would order the parts separately & change a couple of items. My swaps would be for the larger 3 fan radiator, & for the TEC water-block. Would this be a decent kit?

Guest r3d c0m3t
Let me run this by you. I was thinking of doing a Swiftech H20-220 APEX ULTRA, but after some thought I would order the parts separately & change a couple of items. My swaps would be for the larger 3 fan radiator, & for the TEC water-block. Would this be a decent kit?

That'd definitely be a pretty decent kit, you could start your search with these. :cool:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5326/ex-...l?tl=g30c95s161

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5532/ex-...?tl=g30c105s520

Definitely a good idea to go w/ a 320mm RAD; especially if you want to cool the GPU as well. That TEC WB will certainly outperform the Freezone.

Have you considered H2O cooling the GPU as well? Either the Swiftech MCW-60 or a full-cover block would do nicely on that X1950 (check out www.ekwaterblocks.com for good full-cover blocks; may also be available on frozencpu).

Don't for get that you have to seal up your mainboard with the tec against condensation wich would rule out any rma's in the future(but well worth it)

also don't forget dielectric(spelt wrong) grease.

Don't for get that you have to seal up your mainboard with the tec against condensation wich would rule out any rma's in the future(but well worth it)

also don't forget dielectric(spelt wrong) grease.

Which is what makes the Coolit Freezone a great alternative:tooth:

also running a tec just in the loop will give you about 5 or so degrees off your temps depending on the wattage of the tec also bear in mind that a seperate psu is needed to run a tec somthing from meanwell, haven't got a link atm but do a google there around 100 dollars of so.