Review - CoolIT Eliminator

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

Here's the link trickson...

http://www.epowerhousepc.com/eliminator-cooler-p-788.html

As for the other questions my 4400 is a 110W (1.35v) version, and I'm currently running 1.475v to it...I haven't dug down and started to really overclock, yet.

It is a 92mm fan and it works like a charm, the hose(s) aren't very long, but they're long enough to get the job done. :)

Sweet thank you I am going to place n order for it soon.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r3d c0m3t

I'm working at 2.75GHz now running 1.695v to the 4400+ (although ITE and Everest report lower voltages) I'm working on getting it stable now but for the time being temperatures are still pretty good idle tops out at 25 C and load is in the mid-40's. My room is pretty average right now so once it cools down I'll test again and expect some lower idle and load temps.

The Eliminator couldn't be better in my opinion. :nod:

Guest r3d c0m3t

Well, it's been almost two weeks now (maybe more) and the results are still surprising me. Playing around with the BIOS for about a week has given me better results than my old Zalman could ever push out. I'm running my 4400 at 2.79GHz stable and I'm hoping to push it even further over the next couple of days.

Although at this point I see the need to place an intake fan over the FHE and PWM's simply because with the P180's side door closed things can get pretty warm. In any case I'm still very pleased with the purchase and once I figure out some strategic places to put the fans I'll get back to pushing for better performance. :nod:

• 2 weeks later...

Would using this be better than Petra's $218 kit with an Apogee GT, a 2.120 rad, an MCP655 pump, etc?

This seems very attractive but its hit and miss performance, faulty screws, and noisy 92mm fan (on high) are making me think again. I want some silence aside from this stupid lawnmower of a GPU cooler.

Guest r3d c0m3t
Would using this be better than Petra's $218 kit with an Apogee GT, a 2.120 rad, an MCP655 pump, etc?

This seems very attractive but its hit and miss performance, faulty screws, and noisy 92mm fan (on high) are making me think again. I want some silence aside from this stupid lawnmower of a GPU cooler.

It's going to be a bit better than most water cooling setups because of the three TEC's. As far as the hit and miss performance goes, I've experienced no such catastrophe...it's performance solely depends on the ambient temperature in your room. If it's hot in your room you can't expect it to perform any better than that of a premium HSF. The lowest I've ever seen my 4400 idle temp go is 10 C and load temps (now that it's getting warmer over here) is 47 C.

Load temperatures for me used to be 34 - 36 C. The screws on my unit were fine, but if you wish to go the extra mile buy some replacement screws for your hardware store, and the fan might be noisy but it isn't that noisy even on high. One of my XTX's drowns it out completely...imagine what both of them do. :P

...If you want silence leave it medium or low, but if you want to overclock you'll have no other choice but to leave it on high.

I was referring to the "hit and miss" because after trawling the net for reviews on this, I read about several users whose performance, quite frankly, sucked.

When you say the stock blower drowns out the sound, is that with the fan set to 100%? Or a different value? And if I read your post correctly your temps went from around 36C to 47C?

My computer is in the dining room... I believe the thermostat is constantly set to 78F (don't know the metric conversion).

I was about to order the Petra kit, but now this?! I hate decisions!

Guest r3d c0m3t

Yes, you read correctly load temperatures have jumped from 36 to 47 C that's because as I've said it's getting pretty warm over here and the heat in my house is usually always on for whatever reason.

The XTX's (both of them) fan speed is usually set to 50% and then I jack it up to 100% when I'm gaming, but even at 50% it tends to drown out the Eliminator's cooling fan almost completely, even so I don't mind the noise because it doesn't bother me.

You should know that if you do decide to leave the fan setting on either low or medium, it'll tend to adjust air flow when the FHE's are getting too warm, but it'll start up and slow down again...which is quite annoying.

I guess I'll have to go with water as one day I want to get rid of this blower once and for all :mad:

Out of curiosity, what is your ambient temperature? A lot of the reviews on the 'net have their ambients at around 21C. Mine is around 25.55C.