Review - CoolIT Eliminator

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

Guest r3d c0m3t

After a few days of waiting for that blasted MO to be processed, and the order to be shipped it's finally arrived and I'm damn happy. :nod:

Installation was very, very straightforward...all you have to do is remove the motherboard and fasten the standoffs to the top and underside of the board (there are AMD-specific standoffs but I found them to be a bit iffy to screw on, so I used the standoffs reccomended for Gigabyte boards.) and once that's done you just fasten the FHE using the retention brackets with thumbscrews, and mount the chiller module in place of your 120mm fan location, after that you're ready to begin. It's that easy...almost makes you wish there was more to it.

Once everything is checked over you just plug in a molex connector to the TCM, power that baby up and instantly your greeted by CoolIT's blue-lighted closed loop sign.

After running a few stability tests and such just to stress the CPU I've never seen it go any higher than 28 C under load, and when idle it goes as low as 14 C at 2.61GHz - pretty damn good if I say so myself...especially for a first-time water cooling experience. :nod:

There's an AeroCool 120mm turbine blowing over the TCM and TEC units, so it's usually pretty cold to that touch and my RAM is directly behind (to the right when looking inside of the case) the TCM, so I'm guessing some of it's heat is being dissipated as well. Noise isn't much of an issue for me because it doesn't bother me at all, but in any case it isn't very loud anyway. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase and if I could...I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

I'm very confident that my 'cessor can hit the 3G mark, now.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r3d c0m3t

I wish...my damn camera broke so I won't be able to take any pictures until I buy another camera. :sad:

Guest r3d c0m3t
what's your PWMIC temp looking like?

It fluctuates between 38 and 39 C.

EDIT: Make that 37 and 39 C. :)

Guest r3d c0m3t

My CPU just keeps on getting frosty - new idle temperature is 11 C and PWM's are at 31 C. :sweat:

Should I be worried about condensation at this point?

What volts are you running through your 4400?

Is your 4400 a 89W or 110W(?) version?

Your temps look pretty good. I have been waiting for CatKicker to post his results/review that he has to date with the big brother to your unit.

My CPU just keeps on getting frosty - new idle temperature is 11 C and PWM's are at 31 C. :sweat:

Should I be worried about condensation at this point?

Do CoolIT systems have any problems with condensation?

No. The coolant temperature of a CoolIT system is closely regulated by the Thermal Control Module and will not allow condensation to occur at factory settings.:)

is that system working on a 92mmfan???

and can you give me the length of the hoses .. i might get one and put it in the top of my thermaltake ARMOR, that way you wouldn't see it in the clear side and it would performe great

Guest r3d c0m3t

Here's the link trickson...

http://www.epowerhousepc.com/eliminator-cooler-p-788.html

As for the other questions my 4400 is a 110W (1.35v) version, and I'm currently running 1.475v to it...I haven't dug down and started to really overclock, yet.

It is a 92mm fan and it works like a charm, the hose(s) aren't very long, but they're long enough to get the job done. :)