Automobile Fever.

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

Variable valve timing 600hp What a toy! With new school old school tec buld what you want. 6.1 565hp hemis @www.indyheads.com Lucky for me we have 1 road corse 2 drag strips within 20 mi. Setting your car up for drag,road+car shows is a little work! Street race out, lose D.L. life.Fastfish Jr. is going to run his 68 cuda in H.S. Drags how cool is that. He wants to race Dad in test+tune for pics of 2 of our Cudas on the track at the same time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's absurd. Granted, I drive like a maniac in GTA, it's hard not to. It doesn't influence my driving at all. The reason for this is simply because when you're driving you can feel the inertial effect of everything you do. Sure, it's easy to make a sharp turn at 120 MPH when you don't have to hold your body upright at the same time. It's easy to risk driving off of a cliff when you know all that's going to happen is a big "WASTED!" will pop up and you'll just start over.

I wouldnt woory too much about American Auto makers farming out supplies to foreign car makers...

If you take a close look GM has platforms that look very similar to other makers platform...

Pontiacs and Toyotas....Chevys and Kias every notice those...

Not a real big issue...it can only help American technology further along...

It would be nice to own a Chevy with the reliability od a Honda or Toyota..

Those cars dont have near the electrical gremlins our own Automakers have...

But I like the american power... you just cant knock a LQ4 6.0L engine that has 425hp and knocks down 20+mpg...

And now with mod and a simple afternoon get 550hp with a simple cam, head swap...gotta love hot rodders...;)

Guest r3d c0m3t

The future of cars and the like lies within true "man-power." :shake:

Seriously, it's LeMans season and I haven't even been keeping up with it. I saw SPEED Channel's coverage this past Saturday (not all 9 1/2 hours of it, more like 8.) but I didn't catch the end...who won in the respective classes?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest r3d c0m3t

Heh. I was looking through this month's issue of Motor Trend that just arrived to me yesterday afternoon, and I'm flipping through the pages and halfway through I realize there was something rather odd about the cover page, so I turn back and see this....

http://images.motortrend.com/photo_gallery...uarter_view.jpg

http://images.motortrend.com/photo_gallery...uarter_view.jpg

The top is a hatchback, bottom is the full-sized sedan. What I want to know is what the hell Subaru was thinking when they designed this...it looks like a friggin' Toyota Avalon. Not to mention it's butt ugly. :eek2:

Is everyone on the "Let's have one car on the road from different manufacturers that looks relatively the same." program?

• 1 month later...
Guest r3d c0m3t

I haven't posted here in some time now, it's kind of like running away from home - in which that sounds like a mad lib. Moving on...:tooth:

I've found out that Ford has sold off Aston Martin for $925 Million, not too short from the 1 Billion they brought it for. When I read that I was ecstatic to say the very least because I never did like Ford and Aston never seemed to really reach the heights they were capable of. The new owners are David Richards, founder of Prodrive; John Sanders, who is just a collector of Aston vehicles and a support strut for AM Racing, and two investment companies - a consortium if you will. Where they'll take AM remains to be seen because the current design trajectory that was in effect during Ford's ownership is still very much under way.

The fact remains that Ford has sold Aston Martin and I was happy as hell. Also, Ford and Shelby are deciding to resurrect another 1960's Mustang title - the KR, GT500KR that is. I stick to what I've said about Ford not wanting to do anything different, but the GT500KR is just too sexy to insult. Everything about the car is beautiful and the addition of hood pins gives that drag feeling. :sweat:

If you haven't seen the KR, here she is...

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3778.html

Maybe Ford has hope after all...