Don't want to have my computer blow up so please help.

Forgive me for talking in vague language but I have a memory problem.

I did this volt mod thing that I read about back on DFI-Street about a year ago to my DFI-NF4-SLI-DR. It basically was moving a jumper so that you could pump more juice to the RAM. I have it at 3.2 volts because I have some OCZ RAM that can go that high but now I got a new set of Mushkin PC 4000 Extreme Redlines(2.8-2.9 volts) waiting to be installed.

So, my question is...

DoI have to change that jumper back when I lower the voltage from the BIOS and plug in my Redlines or can I just lower it from the BIOS and leave the jumper where it is?

Also, if I do have to move the jumpers back could you please tell me where they are. I forgot. A pic would be awesome.

Thank you.

The jumper in the upper corner when set to 3.2+ will be on the center pins and the pins closest to the edge of the board. All that is required is to clear the CMOS and move the jumper so that it is on the center and inner set of pins.

if you put the jumper to the 4V position you can have up to 4V on your ram,

since your musking dont need more then 2.8-2.9 volt, move the jumper to the default position (3.2V,) that way you CANT give more then 3.2V, so you will be abble to give your musking the 2.9V they need

Do not leave the jumper in the 4V position and choose a lower voltage setting in the BIOS.

This can damage the memory voltage regulator.

Turn the PC off.

Clear the CMOS for at least 10mins,

Move the Jumpers back to the default positions.

Then Power the PC.

• 1 month later...

it's the jumper near the battery, look on your manual or web site , move the jumper to short(bridge) the two pins that it's not on for a few min then move back you don't need a long clear or anything as you have no issues to clear up. hope this helps

it's the jumper near the battery, look on your manual or web site , move the jumper to short(bridge) the two pins that it's not on for a few min then move back you don't need a long clear or anything as you have no issues to clear up. hope this helps

Wait what? I mean thanks for explaining it but Im confused. :confused:

Does the computer need to be off when I move the jumper? How long do I keep it moved?

I love Aussies BTW. Canadians too...literaly(My Wifes Canadian).

yes, your computer does need to be turned off as well as the power button on the back of your power supply. You can leave the jumper in the clear position for 5-10 minutes or even longer if you'd like. After clearing the cmos make sure you switch the jumper back to the normal position BEFORE you turn your computer back on. and you should be good to go. hope this helps