Factory Overclocked Gateway?

THEnumber337

Looks like a very interesting concept they have there. So this is what dell may use, I would like to know how long the whole built in one thing will last. From what i have seen not many all in one units last to long do they?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not many all in one units last to long do they?

no not really, but the Intel one in the previous post is similar to the factory water cooling that came on the dual 2.7GHz G5 Mac's. It was a closed loop system that never had any real problems.

Ah well that clears some things up. This would be a very strange thing to see intel introduce with there processors or just release to dell or something like that.

Warranties, like rules, are meant to be broken. :) It's a fact of life if you have any intentions of tweaking stuff you buy.

I still see this as a bad thing. I think they're overestimating how smart their customers are. They are not. So many things go wrong with gateways and dells without the added pressure of selling it overclocked. There's even more room for trouble now. I don't think anyone who can't overclock their own system should be using an overclocked system, because they'll never have a clue how to troubleshoot it, and god knows the tech support dell uses won't be able to..

Warranties, like rules, are meant to be broken. :) It's a fact of life if you have any intentions of tweaking stuff you buy.

I still see this as a bad thing. I think they're overestimating how smart their customers are. They are not. So many things go wrong with gateways and dells without the added pressure of selling it overclocked. There's even more room for trouble now. I don't think anyone who can't overclock their own system should be using an overclocked system, because they'll never have a clue how to troubleshoot it, and god knows the tech support dell uses won't be able to..

agreed completly.

kids at my school keep burning up their parents dells cuz they think they can do stuff, and leave things dissconnected, or not properly seated..

a few weeks back i had to use dell tech support for a friends laptop, and i was on hold forever, and then you could tell the person was just sitting at a computer, probably looking at microsofts troubleshooting page.