Urgent Help me c2d rig won't post!!

Hi guys!! I happen to go out today and buy the components for my new rig and started assembling it. Prior to puttin the mobo in the case i tried to do an initial build run which won't post. I put one stick of ram and gpu and made sure the connectors are all hooked up. but i still only get 2 seconds of power and then the system resets. It does this repetitively and won't stop. I do not get anything on the screen and i'm getting frustrated? System specs are listed below

Gigabyte 965P-DS3 Motherboard

Intel Core2Duo E6400

OCZ Plat Rev 2. DDR2-800 2gb

Please help!!

I had the exact combination. Some ideas:

1) what's ur psu - do you know if it's good?

2) do you have any other ram (generic if posssible which is known to work @ 1.8volts)

3) re-seat the cpu heatsink

4) Do not connect any usb or firewire or sound devices - just 1 hdd, 1 vid card, cpu, 1 stick of ram, 24 pin + 8 pin atx connectors, 1x pci express power (put the board on top of a cardboard against any shorts)

5) if it doesn't work clear cmos (take out the battery - don't leave it there)

well i got a DDr2-533 512 stick and put that sucker in and got a good boot. It's currently setting up XP so as soon as that is done i'll go ahead and flash to new bios. Umm ooz can u tell me what bios ur using?

I am glad it worked. You can always contact ocz and send ur sticks for spd re-writing (1.8 volts) so that it won't happen again.

I was using f7 but I sold the rig in my sig. I recommend you f8 due to micron issues (though f7 would be also good for your promos chips).

Apparently my OCZ sticks still won't work with the system :( . teh cheapo 512 stick is still in the system. I happen to update the bios to f10 the latest for the mobo and set the vdimm voltage +0.2v and still it wont' work with the ram. I guess i'll ask OCZ about the situation. What slots do the memory usually go in, orange or yellow?