254MPH in a Bugatti Veyron

red930

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and best of all......Its made in the USA.:)

I personally could care less about that. Europe has some outstanding automotive engineers and manufacturers.

I'd be looking more at looks/styling and construction quality rather than country of origin.

Thats a nice car, but I personally would rather get this one for the money. Its only gets 8 mpg in the city......250 mph no problem....1000hp.....way under a mill......and best of all......Its made in the USA.:)

34209zh9.jpg

Got any other shots/angles of that car?

I'd seen the episode where that car beat an airplane across country in europe- i missed this episode tho. that's an incredible peice of technology- well worth 1.3 mil- R&D on a car like that is probably closer to 1 billion. 4 turbochargers, 10 radiators, tires that are the best there is and they last only 15 mins at that speed, and you can burn a tank of gas in 12 mins. INCREDIBLE! not to mention the computer guided suspension and spoilers that pop out like a jet's flaps when you hit the brakes!

Mcdonalds lol- you guys kill me! pull out the performance key- car raises up and is an every day driver. they didn't have the key inserted when they raced the airplane- to obey street laws i'm sure.

good find Ace- i thoroughly enjoyed it!

Guest r3d c0m3t

The Saleen S7 and S7 Twin Turbo (the one uneedav8 has pictured) are one of the very few American automobiles I can find some sense of respect for, and unless 250mph is that variations top speed - that's not such a big deal, considering the factory S7 TT can do 248mph.

Not to mention the factory TT does it with 750bhp, whereas this variation has 1000bhp and it can only do 250mph?! - Seems as if someone didn't pay enough attention to the gear ratios.

And if I'm wrong (which I really hope I am) someone correct me, because this seems like a frivolous waste of cash.

I personally could care less about that. Europe has some outstanding automotive engineers and manufacturers.

I'd be looking more at looks/styling and construction quality rather than country of origin.

Got any other shots/angles of that car?

I know what you saying, there are good and bad for all makes and models. For me at least, I like american cars a lot and the if that helps someone here in the states keep their job.....thats more of a plus.

Heres some more pics:)

saleenracezu3.jpg

saleenrace2fk2.jpg

The Saleen S7 and S7 Twin Turbo (the one uneedav8 has pictured) are one of the very few American automobiles I can find some sense of respect for, and unless 250mph is that variations top speed - that's not such a big deal, considering the factory S7 TT can do 248mph.

Not to mention the factory TT does it with 750bhp, whereas this variation has 1000bhp and it can only do 250mph?! - Seems as if someone didn't pay enough attention to the gear ratios.

And if I'm wrong (which I really hope I am) someone correct me, because this seems like a frivolous waste of cash.

That 250 just an estimate from the person who did wrote the article on the car. A 2800lb car with a 1000HP......the top speed should be ridiculous. I'll ask Steve Saleen what the tops speed of the 1000HP S7 for you the next time I see him at a car show. I pretty sure he knows his gear ratios. Their race team has won so many road racing championships since 1984....they have lost count.

Guest r3d c0m3t
I'll ask Steve Saleen what the tops speed of the 1000HP S7 for you the next time I see him at a car show. I pretty sure he knows his gear ratios. Their race team has won so many road racing championships since 1984....they have lost count.

Heh. I'm kind of jealous that you've talked to or either had the opportunity to talk with Saleen. :rolleyes:

Guest r3d c0m3t
Difference between the Saleen and the Bugatti is Style. The Bugatti has it, the Saleen doesn't.

I don't know, man, the S7 is pretty sexy. The S7 has somewhat of a more illustrious appeal to it, whereas the Veyron has a muscle look to it.

Guest r3d c0m3t
If I was making upwards of $100million a year why not right? Or I would take what is in radodrill's siggy

That'd be a lot harder to do than one might think, Porsche doesn't build Carrera GT's anymore; you'd be better off with an LP640 or even the Audi R8. :)

nothing like a 99 alero that literally shuts off at 105mph, not sure it thats supposed to happen....

many cars nowadays are as such- computer shuts off the injectors at 100-105 mph- this can be bypassed with a reprogram(flash) of the ecm.

the other difference between the saleen and the bugatti- the bugatti will run as a daily driver- and is a "production" model. the saleen would be a classy lady to drive under 50 mph most of the time. you'll get no argument from me as to the looks and the top speed of the saleen- nice car that it is- it's just not as sophisticated or elegant as the bugatti IMO.

Or I would take what is in radodrill's siggy

That'd be a lot harder to do than one might think, Porsche doesn't build Carrera GT's anymore

I'm sorry to say I don't even own one. I'm still a student and didn't have the money to buy one of these beauties; If I did there'd be one in my garage; or better yet, out on the track.

Since they were a limited production run a lot of them were probably purchased by collectors; so don't expect many pre-owned ones on the market any time soon.