Waterblock for E6400

I used Danger Den in my last build, and it's not that I was disappointed or anything, but I was wondering... what else is out there?

I have heard nothing but good things about the Swiftech Apogee but the TDX seems to be a very viable option

Both can be purchased through SVC to benefit the Street, so I don't see where I could really go wrong

In any case, does anyone have any experience with the Apogee, or both of these blocks?

Silver TDX worked well on mine (I'll be selling it shortly as well). Granted it was cold (55F at most) in my room but even at 3.8GHz and 1.5v she never peaked above 55C during Orthos.

You can get a kit for your current TDX that will allow it to work on C2D processors by the way. I think I paid around $12 for one.

I'm running the Swiftech Storm Rev2 in my sigrig. It's basically the big-brother of the Apogee.

On my P4 540J 3.2 GHz currently OCed to 3.92GHz the idle/load temps are 28/40C. Once I get better chipset and PWMIC cooling I should easily be able to push past 4GHz.

Both the Storm and Apogee have universal mounting brackets so they're compatible with any CPU/MB.

I believe Dan suggested it...

There is a kit for the TDX...a Universal Top...I would suggest buying that and keeping your original waterblock it would be much cheaper and just as nice as anything else you might decide to purchase....

Don't know if this is resolved, but thought I'd add my 0.02...

I've owned:

- RBX

- TDX

- Storm Rev2

- Apogee

- Apogee GT

- Cooltechnica Whitewater LE

Of those, the Apogee GT followed closely by the regular Apogee were by far the best performers. Following the leaders were the Storm, Whitewater, TDX and RBX, in that order.

Note however that the Storm is incredibly restrictive, and needs to be used with a powerful pump to get the best results. I would not reccomend it in a multi-block setup. The TDX is slightly more restrictive than the RBX, but the simpler 2-barb design is simpler to work worth. The same goes for the Whitewater - great performance, but the 3 barbs are more complicated to route.

If it were me, I'd find a used Apogee on the web somewhere (jab-tech was selling them for $34.95 not so long ago) and go with it.