I just got the Opty 185. Need help pls.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I cleared CMOS, switched out the 3200+ for the opty 185. My system does not make it to desktop unless I unplug my USB keyboard. For some reason, when I unplug my USB keyboard, I make it to the desktop. Then I plug in keyboard and everything runs great. Did 3dmark06 and it did not crash, played Dark Massiah and EQ2 for a few hours and everything is running very nicely. Why is my USB keyboard preventing my rig from getting to desktop? I brings up a hard disk sweep to check for consistancy problems, then it restarts. If I leave in the keyboard it just does that over and over again.... lol I'm a noob.

Dont worry, we were all a noob once and I still consider myself one. I used to have the same problem with a USB keyboard and here is what I did. Get to yuor bios and on "Integrated Peripherals" enter it then go to "Onboard Device" inside there should be USB Controller stuff, just enable USB Keyboard Support and Mouse Support. Hope it will work.

Oh ya, I DEFENTLY don't see that. So I downloaded the amd X2 drivers and the Optimizer, what should i do now?

That's pretty strange (maybe), because as long as windows is updated with the service packs it should detect and give a dual CPU a basic workable driver, which should be seen in the task manager as two CPU instances.

What service packs have you integrated in your installation of Windows?