plz help ut3200 mobo and x1900's

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a problem. This prevents you from enabling Crossfire. I've came up with a solution. Click on the link below.

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread...6925#post686925

Follow the instructions exactly as outlined. If you have any questions, let me know.

ok... im looking on my device screen should it say just 2 X1900 series and then 2 Secondary X1900 series? is this my problem?

This is a problem. It seems to me that your master video card have an improper BIOS installed on it. The way to check is to go into Device Manager and click on "Display Adapters". You are checking to see how Windows XP is labeling the video cards.

For the Master card, it should be labeled "Radeon X1900 Crossfire Edition" & "Radeon X1900 Crossfire Edition Secondary".

For the Slave card, it should be labeled "Radeon X1900 Series" & "Radeon X1900 Series Secondary".

When I encountered this problem, my master card was labeled "Radeon X1900 Series" & "Radeon X1900 Series Secondary".

The solution: I went to TechPowerUp!.com and downloaded the original BIOS to the ATI Radeon X1900 Crossfire Edition. I also downloaded Winflash version 1.05 and used that to flash my master card. Before I flashed the video card, I removed the slave card so that I didn't flashed the wrong card by mistake. After I flashed the video card, I reinstalled the slave card and loaded the drivers. Problem solved. Crossfire became an option in the Catalyst Control Center.

If you choose to do this, here is what you need:

The BIOS: http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/#flash

The BIOS you're looking for is the ATI X1900 Crossfire 512MB.

A word of caution: Make sure you use the correct BIOS. I'm not liable for any damage done to your card(s).

Winflash: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...S_Flashing/ATI

Use Winflash version 1.05. It will allow you to force the BIOS flash and is by far the easiest utility to use. This utility is to be used in Windows, not DOS.

Remember to shut down the computer and remove the slave card before you perform the BIOS flash so that you don't flash the wrong card by mistake.

Use Catalyst version 7.1 for best performance.

I hope this helps.:)

ok... im looking on my device screen should it say just 2 X1900 series and then 2 Secondary X1900 series? is this my problem?

the only thing i still dont understand is if the bios are messed up then why did it work before and it still didnt say crossfire edition under the hardware? unless it really wasnt working :( now that i overclocked just the single card i get better fps than with the crossfire ..... which to my understanding shouldnt happen, about double actually

It just got a little weirder. I have an RMA for the master card that never worked. it gets shipped out this week. I've been building a secondary XP MCE rig with spare parts I had accumulated. This got me away from the DFI board for a week. I started working on the DFI based one again last night. The standard card that worked, sat & wouldn't work, sat for a week & then worked, has sat for another week & will not work. I'm going to finish up everything not related to the video card tonight & see if it fires up again. If it's an RMA for this card too, it has to go back to Sapphire. I hope it's permanently dead this time. I'm worried about sending back a card that intermittently malfunctions, & it not malfunctioning for Sapphire.