plz help ut3200 mobo and x1900's

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a mach 1 i believe its 680 watt i know its at least 600 for sure

I have a Thermaltake Purepower 680w that got some great reviews. I bought it for use on an older 6600GT SLI set-up. It was fine for that, but is questionable for use on a X1950 Crossfire set-up. Three 12v rails divided unevenly in to 42 amps. With 3 separate rails there is no way to use all 42 amps. I ordered a Silverstone OP1000 that has a single 12 volt 80 amp rail with 88 peak amps. This will eliminate any questions about the PSU being a factor in the trouble shooting my X195O master card problem.

my crossfire has worked for a long time though it just now decided to quit so i dont think it would be the power supply, ive even tried unhooking everything but the neccessities to run it

The single standard card I was running in the primary slot stopped working a couple of days ago. I'm going to test it in another system next week, but I have a feeling I have 2 dead cards.

I would go to the BIOS and check your settings under "Advanced Chipset Features" menu in the "PCIe Configuration" submenu. If that checks out ok, then check your dongle cable to make sure it's working. Your cable may have went bad.

Could you please go in to more detail about what the setting should be under the PCIe Configuration sub-menu. :)

I just finished a secondary build with spare parts I had accumulated. I pulled the video card after running the system a few days. So far I've tested the X1950 master card in the primary video slot. Red fault LED, no video. I'll test the standard card later.

Weird. The standard card now works after sitting on the shelf a week or so. No fault LED at all. I'm going to run it the secondary system for a day to see if it craps out on me again. I'll switch it back to the DFI based system if it passes the first test & then see what happens.