I award myself the "Dee Dee Dee" of the Year Award!!

Well, I had to share this, cause I know everyone will get a good laugh out of it. A couple days ago, as evidenced by my For Sale thread, I bought a Thermalright HR-05 SLI. As everyone and their mother knows (except for me), the SLI model will not work on the Expert because of the slot spacing. Anyways, I've made it a practice to clear my BIOS any time I am removing/replacing components, even if it is the same ones. Anyways, I put my rig back together, and set everything the way I remembered (D'OH!) and proceeded to see how the HR-05 did after I moved my 7900GT to the lower slot. It dropped my NB temps between 22-30*F!! Anyways, for some odd reason, I couldn't get my memory to OC past ~238-240MHz, no matter what I did! I found I was able to reach my previous high OC's (around 2880 CPU) but memory would only go into the 230s, instead of the high 260s like it did. So, I did what every person would do (I'd like to think). I pulled off the HR-05, made sure I didn't crack the core, tried again, no luck. So I bought another Expert from the Egg- this should fix it, right? Nope. Same problems. So I think, maybe the memory controller took a crap, and stuck in my spare FX-55. Same thing. Next, maybe my memory somehow took a crap. So I pull out my spare TCCD PC4800, pop it in, and immediately it hit me like a .-ton of bricks as I was punching in my memory timings for the TCCD- Dummy Me was trying to use CAS 2.5 for the 5B-F sticks, when I know damn well it needs CAS 3 for anything over 240! So anyways, if anybody is looking to pick up an Expert board, PM me :) I knew this would brighten your day that somebody had a more boneheaded mistake than you!

Yeah, I know, and I normally do it. But I've done it so many times I assured myself I knew what my settings were... this was the problem from the other day, Doc. I'm just glad I got it fixed, even if I do deserve the Dunce cap and a few hours in the corner....