If you though that 1Kw psu's were overkill check this out

GH0S1_R33P0R

You guys just have to read it for your selfes.

That is why we have put together this 2000W unit; as the end all of power supplies as far as DC output goes. With as much as 1800W available on the 12V alone, there should be no concern whatsoever that there is enough power available for quad core, quad GPU or large drive arrays.

With the +12V rail being rated at 1800W that means it can handle an amazing 150A load!

:eek:and i though the 1kw psu were too much

now if there is anything in life that really is useless (at the moment) its that.

seriously 1kw is overkill for 90% of people but 2000w, unless you are running a amazing gaming machine and 20 HDD"S in one rig. Which is pointless as surely with the price of that psu i bet you could buy another computer to house all them HDD'S in anyway.

This is quite lame. They get a 2000w power supply designed with their logo on it and they don't know what the real configuration of the PSU is?

When looking at the label on the Ultra X3 PSU, we noticed that it only lists one +12V rail, which leads us to believe that it only has one +12V rail. That does cause some concern though as the form factors ATX12V v2.2 guidlines suggest a second +12V rail be made available on power supplies that are used in situations where components will draw more than 18A.

Section 1.2.1 from ATX12V 2.2: 'System components that use 12V are continuing to increase in power. In cases where expected current requirements is greater than 18A a second 12 V rail should be made available.'

'The label says one, but I opened one up and it looks like two to me. All four PCI-e connectors and the 8-pin EPS12V seem to be on one rail and everything else (Molexes, ATX connector, SATA, etc.) seem to be on the other. Would this meet ATX12V spec? No. Since ATX12V can't have more than 20A on any 12V rail.' - Ultra Products USA

A manufacturer not knowing the specifications of what they are selling will never see any of my money.

At least PCP&P backs up why they put 70+ amps on one 12v rail.

The label says one, but I opened one up and it looks like two to me.

How does he not know? Did they take it from soneone else and put their name on it, or actually make it but hire a computer-retarded marketing person?

or actually make it but hire a computer-retarded marketing person?

Invariably marketeers aren't technology oriented and have no clue of what's going on inside the products; that's the engineer's job.

Then it's the engineer who should have answered that question.

In my experience, marketing people rarely ask and when the marketing materials go out, we are often left saying "Where the f*** did they get that crap from?"