Evil_inc

8 members have voted

1. 1.

• Zalman 9700
    • Zalman 7700
    • xp-90c
    • xp-120
    • Other. (Please list below)

I'm all about my Thermalright Ultra-120. Though I don't think you could mount it with the ban blowing twards the rear fan.

With a TT armor and all fans as intake the top grating becomes the exhaust and it works great. I have to pull it apart though so I'll put a PCI-e card in this time and tell you if it would work turned the other way.

Excluding watercooling the only thing I've used is a Zalman 9500...which really works fine and would probably get you to 3.4-3.5GHz stable without temperature issues on an E6600/E6700. Anything more than that will likely require watercooling unless you don't mind having a crap-ton of fans runnings really loud.

Even with watercooling, my E6600 gets hot. Honestly, I wouldn't try anything other than water after seeing exactly how blazing hot these guys get. (70C coretemp at 3.6GHz/nearly b0C at 3.8GHz.)

I'll agree...if you really, really have to completely max out your processor.

However, I think the vast majority of people would rather run at 3.4GHz and have it run much cooler, even on air. Besides, the speed difference is minimal, especially compared to the vast increase he's going to be seeing. ;)