Latest BIOS-97TIDC01 12/01/2006

I'd imagine the new board will be in etailer channels once they sell out their stock of the old board... Cause their not going to sell the new products till the old ones are out the door.

Come on everyone, buy the old boards, sell 'em on eBay and let's get the new ones in the store! I like my Infinity, but I would like the new one even better!

:P

Makes sense to me. I think I'll try and hold off buying new C2D parts then until after the new year. Maybe then the C2D prices will be lowered and the new Rev2 975X/G Infinity boards will be making their first appearances. Thanks for the info people!

I believe that the 4GB+ problem is actually a mapping issue not a hardware problem. DFI 975x is not unique ether.

The solution to the problem is to remap I/O resources, but it effectively eliminates device resources of legacy devices (PS/2, Serial, IRQ, DMA etc). I am not sure where you can enable "remap I/O resources" in the current BIOS, nor I have 4GB of memory to test it.

I doubt that the new revisions will solve the problem. The reworked circuitry on DIMM slots and VDIMM will just improve stability.

Anyway, XP32 will only can use up 3.5GB total, (512 is reserved) and 2GB per process without PAE.

""Anyway, XP32 will only can use up 3.5GB total,"" << and less if using Crossfire.

There is not a rev2 board as such. Only a slight change to BA0 versions...I have tried almost every version/rev of 975X/G with the later bios 11/15/06 in specific and the boards all have the same better characteristics due the bios itself. IN TRUTH, I like my earlier version of 975X/G better because it is exceptionally easier to voltmod the chipset voltage which I do for running these cpus that stop at <3800mhz in general if they are 'not' X6800's and get them to run high with water that is kept below ambient or about 60F.

I have done a lot of research on this 4 gig thing that even the experts or supposed experts cannot agree about at all. Shame if you are reading what is supposed to be the bible on something and even the chapters are in disagreement. I had all my 4gigs utilized by winXP32bit IN THE WAY IT WOULD BE SEEN AS USED...without the use of the latest bios supposedly addressing that issue.../PAE to boot ini and windows blithely sticks the other two gigs in a virtual memory section and merrily goes ahead using the 4 gigs...oh so simple once the perception of what was seen with AMD is forgotten and what the Intel processor/chipset is going to show is more readily understood.

So I mostly stay with the 11/15/06 bios and continue to bench and work hard the earlier 975X/G that I have since I am well tuned in to it and modding it for higher chipset voltage. Good luck in the New Year.

RGone...:confused:

I believe that the 4GB+ problem is actually a mapping issue not a hardware problem. DFI 975x is not unique ether.

The solution to the problem is to remap I/O resources, but it effectively eliminates device resources of legacy devices (PS/2, Serial, IRQ, DMA etc). I am not sure where you can enable "remap I/O resources" in the current BIOS, nor I have 4GB of memory to test it.

I doubt that the new revisions will solve the problem. The reworked circuitry on DIMM slots and VDIMM will just improve stability.

Anyway, XP32 will only can use up 3.5GB total, (512 is reserved) and 2GB per process without PAE.

I just found 15-16MB Memory Hole option in the intergrated perperherial section of the BIOS. I just wonder if any 4GB user can try to enabled to see if it resolves the issue under XP64.

XP32 SP2 does support PAE, but PAE is a bit of a hack that is fading out to x86-64.

These problems are what datacenter adminstartors have been dealing with in the past five years.

""Anyway, XP32 will only can use up 3.5GB total,"" << and less if using Crossfire.

IN TRUTH, I like my earlier version of 975X/G better because it is exceptionally easier to voltmod the chipset voltage which I do for running these cpus that stop at <3800mhz in general if they are 'not' X6800's and get them to run high with water that is kept below ambient or about 60F.

Looking at the b rev pics and chipset volt mod area, the solder pad is identical as the a rev.. c297 is just as accessible as the a rev.

regards

Raja

Trust if you wish raja...it has the 'look' of the same situation BUT it does not appear to work that way and in fact if not sadly mistaken...that old mod may/might/could in fact kill the board...so you can take that with any grain of salt you wish...just so that you do not step in over your head with a dead board possibly...of the two new boards the old mod was tried on...one died and the other never even began to give the good increase of volts to MCH one is looking for AND received on the earlier revs of the board.

RGone...:confused:

Looking at the b rev pics and chipset volt mod area, the solder pad is identical as the a rev.. c297 is just as accessible as the a rev.

regards

Raja