Success - Thanks for all the help!

For those of you who offered assistance for my problems getting two sticks of OCZ ram to work in this board - Thank you. For those who want to see what happened you can look here: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69162

DFI RMA'd a new board to me almost a month ago. After listening to it call to me from under my desk I finally opened it up and installed yesterday. The board came loaded with the 04/06 BIOS.

I loaded one stick of ram in the orange slot closest to the edge of the board, went into the BIOS and set up the numbers from Ryder at OCZ, ran Memtest on that stick, shut down and cleared the CMOS, installed the other stick in the same slot, ran Memtest on that stick, shut down and cleared the CMOS, installed the second stick of ram in the other orange slot and.......... it worked. Amazing! Just like it's supposed to work. Wow!

Thanks again for all your help. This forum has great resources and people willing to help.

Redhaze737,

For what it’s worth, it was good of you coming back to give your appreciation to those that helped you. Glad to here you’re up and running again. It’s what DFI-Street is all about.

James

Well said James...et al.

RGone...:confused:

Redhaze737,

For what it’s worth, it was good of you coming back to give your appreciation to those that helped you. Glad to here you’re up and running again. It’s what DFI-Street is all about.

James

Redhaze737,

James

There's no way I could let all that work you folks put into my attempts to get up and running go without thanks. And it wasn't like you put in a couple of words and let me go. You kept after it even when I was ready to throw in the towel. That's above and beyond. Good work.